Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    There's a bumper in that shot? All I see is the Quickjack
    love that thing. And that will make putting on the Sliplo protector even easier this weekend!
    Pete

Finished installing the Sliplo to protect my new bumper. Seeing all the "bruised" spots on the old bumper from the first picture, I was able to cover most of those areas sufficiently. Hard to get a good picture on the car, but I snapped a shot of the center to show the 2 rows I installed. Pretty satisfied that it should save me from some of the less severe "groundings" in the future. BTW, it's not visible from above

Heads up, the video's imply that you can easily move it around as you're laying it out/aligning it, but for me, once you touch the adhesive backed rubber to the bumper, that's where it's staying. Luckily it was close enough to where I wanted it, because no minor adjustments could be made
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pete

Glad to see the Sliplo is installed. Any news about the side markers ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Glad to see the Sliplo is installed. Any news about the side markers ?
    Sort of. The clear markers arrived and last night I carefully used a sanding bit on my Dremel tool to grind out a little bit of the bumper at a time. I was afraid to grind off to much material. I did the left one first, and after multiple passes with the Dremel I was able to finally pop it in and be really tight. Took some force to pop it in which should have been a lesson to me - it didn't need to be that tight!

On the right, I ground it down about the same amount as the left and attempted to "force" it in. With it 90% in, and me still forcing it, the marker chipped in the top left corner as it popped in

It barely shows, but it's going to bug me forever. So I ordered another one which should arrive next week (when I'll grind some more bumper off first!)

Looks great though!

And you can also just see the lip of the Sliplo on the bottom of the bumper in the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Thx for the update! Glad the slipplo worked and glad the reflectors do (w minor mods). Maybe order another set for backup just in case, as now that opening is best set for those and it might lessen the chances of other available replacements.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Both the OEM and the Depo markers are the same size about 31mm. It's the new OEM bumper that had a smaller opening for the reflector which was only 30mm. The previous bumper was more forgiving with a 32mm opening. So I had to grind off close to 2mm (some of which was paint)

I will say the Depo marker is more fragile around the edges than the OEM
    Pete

Oh, I see.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345