Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Fredo, I'd found that one too. That's a 2006 brochure and mine's a 2005, probably close enough, but

Black it is. Both the mesh grille and the backing piece both seem to be in really good condition. I just snapped the 2 pieces back together and tossed it in with the bumper to bring to the dealer (along with the license plate holder). The amber side reflectors also popped right out without damage
    Pete

Good choice re black.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Bumpers at the body shop, and in looking at the scraped up underside of my old bumper makes me wonder if anyone uses or has considered some type of scrape protector under there? I'm replacing the bumper because the passenger side is missing a piece where the fender liner attaches, but lots of scuffing in other spots.

Seems like scuffing is pretty likely to occur on my newly painted one too. Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Here's some scrape protection I've found but not used. Most are for newer models. Not cheap, but neither is repainting the spoiler:
    http://www.protektskidplates.com/bmw-e46-m3.html
    https://www.scrapearmor.com/collections/bmw
    https://sliplo.com/protection/shop/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

wow, not cheap for sure... Thanks for that research

Really was hoping to not drill any holes.. Thinking along the lines of the Lamin-X film used for headlights, transparent but thicker, and self adhesive

maybe a few rolls of this rear bumper protector adhered to the underside of the bumper? Black wouldn't show on my bumper

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-C...4AAOSwv0dcE1n4
    Pete

LMK how that tape goes. I have been thinking about what to use too. Anyone use that SlipLo?

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

just watched this video on installation on a alfa giulia quadrifoglio, and the front lip is not unlike our M TechII lips. Simple enough.... This might be worth a shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrMxJs0_yrQ

and free shipping and a 10% discount = $89.96:

10% OFF COUPON CODE: ccad10off
    PURCHASE AT: https://sliplo.com
    Pete

and the lift in the video makes my QuickJack look like a wannbe lift
    Pete

Thanks John in VA and Rando... that video sold me and I pulled the trigger on the SLiPLO

https://sliplo.com/protection/product/diy-kit/

I'll talk to the guy in the body shop to see if he has any concerns about me installing it over fresh paint. He told me today that the paint will be totally cured in the baking process when he returns it to me but I should wait at least 30 days, preferably 60 days before sealing or waxing. I'll see if he thinks I can install this right away
    Pete

Sweet, a guinea pig! Def interested in your results.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast