Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

Hey guys I left on my trip today and check engine light came on about 4 hrs in. I had just fueled up and turned ac on had a guy in the tiny town I was in read it and code was P2227 any ideas?

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Sounds like post #12 from a fellow Mafia member (LivesNearCostco) ....

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1303967

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Gee, that does sounds like me! And for me it did seem to happen only on long trips after I stopped for gas/food/bathroom then resumed driving, usually at night. What were air temps like when this happened? I assume our cars' engines and DMEs don't know whether it's day or night (even with automatic headlights), so am guessing it must be related to low/falling air temps, changing barometic temps, long drives, or all of the above.

Yeah, that happened when I was driving my zhp home from oklahoma. Went off the next day. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cool thanks guys I am driving through western KS and temps jumped up to around 80 when I pulled into the little shop to ask to borrow a code reader you would have thought I was driving a F-40 or something by the reactions from the 3 mechanics in the town

~Steve

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

So maybe unrelated to cool weather, only to long drives. I usually have a code reader on long trips and first 3 times I cleared the code, but last 2 times I just let clear itself--took 3 or 4 drive cycles. Basically visit gas station, visit fast food place, and visit brother in law, then CEL turns off. I'll bet you don't actually have to visit your brother in law for this to work. And if it doesn't clear itself after 4 cycles, probably need to borrow the code reader.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    you would have thought I was driving a F-40 or something by the reactions from the 3 mechanics in the town
    Lol... everything's relative I guess

Well it came back after about 2-2.5 hours of constant driving I cleaned the MAF like 3-4 months ago should I tear it apart at the hotel tonight and reclean it?

~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    Well it came back after about 2-2.5 hours of constant driving I cleaned the MAF like 3-4 months ago should I tear it apart at the hotel tonight and reclean it?

~Steve
    I wouldn't unless car is running poopy. You start tearing stuff apart, out of town, and the "unplanned" may happen.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I wouldn't unless car is running poopy. You start tearing stuff apart, out of town, and the "unplanned" may happen.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    +1

Wouldn't worry about it, Steve.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast