Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    The car should be fine until summertime. Perhaps you'll be able to find someone to do the job properly by then.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Clark View Post
    Fixing the cracks would mean redoing the bondo again. I've had it redone 3 times and since the fender is mostly made of bondo now, it will keep cracking again. I really do want to keep this car, so i'll wait and see what happens. Hopefully it will stay together by summer time, school and work is going to take up all my time again

[ATTACH]38753[/ATTACH
    [ATTACH]38754[/ATTACH
    Welding just a portion of the quarter is going to have bondo still, unless you are doing the entire quarter which is a shitload of work. But I guess if that shop you had with the paint discount, might be cheap.

It shouldn't be cracking like that. Usually when it keeps cracking, it's because what they did was just scuffed it up a bit and just repainted over what was already there. They need to strip the paint down and start all over. Also, depends on the filler/paint they used. Some are more flexible than others and are way better with temperature changes. I went back and looked at your fender pictures, and really, it's only the curved arch of the fender is where there were a lot of filler. I was expecting a lot more.

But it should be fine until summer. probably keep cracking, but it doesn't look like the filler is falling off.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910