Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Clark View Post
    Thanks for telling me about Flicr!

Here's the earliest photos i have of my car:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/M8eX7z

Here are the photos of the damage from the accident:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/2916kz

Here are current photos of my car just before i went to replaced the brakes:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/SUD0gd

The are surrounding the door handle is like that because the "friend" who "fixed" the dents in the door and fender took out the handle and didn't put it back when he gave me my car back. The key's battery died, and i didn't want to pay $260 for a new key at the dealership, and i was afraid of messing anything up if i attempted to replace the battery, so i had to get in by unlocking manually. When i got my car back, the guy showed me that i can stick my finger in the gap of the door where the handle goes in, and pull a lever in there to open the door. He told me he didn't put the handle back in because the stick key lock's cover is missing, and to find one and paint it before i put the handle back in, and that it just snaps back in when i want to put it back. I found a cover, painted it, and tried to put it back in but i didn't know there was a screw to hold the handle in, i thought i was doing something wrong, so until i could find it out, i put duct tape over the opening so nothing could get in. I left the tape on there for months, getting in my car by putting the stick key in, and holding unlock so the windows roll down enough to stick my arm in and open the door from the inside. now that i figured out that the carrier was busted and fixed it months after, the residue of the tape stayed on and won't come off.

And finally, here are photos of the damage the previous owner made behind the radio to install their unit:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/K797gp
    if you go in each of the pictures and click the share arrow. then copy the bbcode (i use large for the size). when you paste it here, it will show the picture. Though you'd have to do it for like each individual picture lol I clicked on all your links, but it's just nicer to see them already displayed in your thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    if you go in each of the pictures and click the share arrow. then copy the bbcode (i use large for the size). when you paste it here, it will show the picture. Though you'd have to do it for like each individual picture lol I clicked on all your links, but it's just nicer to see them already displayed in your thread lol
    Thanks for letting me know!

I definitely will keep my car, and make a few modifications to it over a few months. If the resale value is gone with all the issues it has, i might as well put all my ideas into it.
    In a week or two i want to fix everything wrong with the sound system so i don't have to drive in silence, but listening to the exhaust isn't so bad most of the time. I need to replace the shocks/struts and mounts, and i'll replace the front sway bar while i'm at it. I want to put in a Hotchkis 30mm bar and leave the rear bar the same, and put in Bilstein B6 dampers. Then i'll need to replace the driver side door and rear quarter panel. Once i do that i want to repaint the whole car, since i'll need to do the door and fender anyway. I want to repaint the whole exterior of the car in Laguna Seca Blue. I also want to replace my car's interior with the M3's Laguna Seca Blue set if i can find it anywhere. I might have to find a sample of the blue leather and a shop that can tailor the rest of the interior pieces if i can't find them.

Man that sure is a lot of work on your car. I remember cutting my first BMW's hvac to install a double din then used 2 pieces of abs plastic and some heat/glue to put it back together to close it up. That's probably your best option currently regarding closing that up. Regarding the wiring in the back take some photos of it and I can provide a few photos on my end. Best to find a oem harness and match everything up that way. For the steering rack I just picked up a spare actually since I thought I was going to do something with it for someone else however it's up for sale if you are interested. I'm in Socal.

Also if you need a bmw scanner and I can send it right to you if you are having any coding issues or what not.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Sorry everybody, i get ahead of myself whenever i think about modifying my car.
    I'm not going to paint it blue or get a blue interior. I need to start saving up to go back to college, but with everything going on in the world, that might not be till next year. I'll give myself a few months to fix more of my car before i start saving every penny i can.

Till then, i want to make my car look like this, though:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/5M079o
    Except for the wheels. I think those are E92 M3 wheels, and those are way too expensive for me. I'll paint the style135 wheels black to fit that look.

Yeah that looks good. Although, I'm not feeling the m3 rep mirrors. Go with M3 instead. Looks better imo.

Here's a less modded version of my car from a similar angle with M3 mirrors for comparison

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yeah that looks good. Although, I'm not feeling the m3 rep mirrors. Go with M3 instead. Looks better imo.

Here's a less modded version of my car from a similar angle with M3 mirrors for comparison
    Did you retrofit the wiring to work? I want to see if it's possible to switch the mirror motors and wires into the M3 mirrors so they'll still function.
    Also, what kind of halo rings do you have in your headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Clark View Post
    Did you retrofit the wiring to work? I want to see if it's possible to switch the mirror motors and wires into the M3 mirrors so they'll still function.
    Also, what kind of halo rings do you have in your headlights?
    I swapped the motors. There's a DIY on zhpmafia now for it I think. Back when I did it, there wasn't anything so I just figured it out on my own lol All the functions are working.

I have EAS Auroras. They are prototype versions that were given to me by Tom@EAS. They never released it. I believe, everyone now just goes with Orions V4 or whatever it's called. But any of the cheaper LED versions from ebay work fine. I've done a lot of installs/retrofits and I actually prefer those over the Orions.

I finally got to order a bunch of parts for the sound system. I ordered the H/K amplifier/radio tuner/brackets for the trunk, the subwoofers/enclosure/amp, and the full wiring harness for the whole car so i can cut and re-solder the parts missing in my car. They'll all come between this weekend and next Thursday, and i should be able to start working on the sound system next weekend.

GL!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I finally got the time to fix the rest of the wiring for the sound system! I cut the part of the harness for the amp, and soldered each wire together, put the amp in, put the subwoofers back in and soldered the connection for the subs back in, and... it didn't work. I spent hours soldering, and hours wondering what's wrong. No sound, not even static came out of any speaker. The only problem i could think of was the amp i got was bad. I ordered another one and installed it, but still no luck. I was about to give up. I asked my mechanic, and he checked a wiring diagram for possible issues. He checked the wire from the radio that tells the amp to turn on, and that was the issue. The wire had 2000 ohms of resistance! He soldered a jumper and ran it from the radio to the amp externally, and hid it underneath the console and carpet, and now the sound system works! Finally, i can drive with good music and bass in the background. Now that the sound system is out of the way, i can continue fixing issues on my car. Next will be the suspension, and then i want to swap the transmission for a manual

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast