Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Nice werk. Somewhere down the line I'd like to make that swap.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Hey everyone!

Sorry i haven't updated in a while! Life's been pretty hectic, but i have made great progress on my car. I saved up and refreshed my car's suspension. I bought the Bilstein B12 pro-kit, new Lemforder front and rear mounts, Ground Control rear lower control arms, and an M3 front sway bar. It's been a little over a month since i installed it all, and my car has gotten just slightly lower than stock ZHP ride height, and handles like a dream �� i've driven through the winding roads to Lake Tahoe and the 17 Mile Drive in Monterey a few times to put it to the test. I also painted my car's bumper grill black. I forgot where i found the idea, somewhere on ZHP Mafia there was a tip to paint the bumper grill without removing the bumper by feeding balloons through the grill, inflating them, painting, then popping the balloons and fishing them back through so the paint doesn't touch the radiator or fan. It worked like a charm and whoever had that idea is a genius! Now to current updates, the bondo on my car's fender has multiple cracks and it looks like the bondo will break off soon, and the clear coat is peeling in two big spots on the roof. I found a body shop that can fix my car's fender, undo the crap that the previous guy did, and also sand off and repaint the whole car's exterior. Since i have to get the rear quarter, hood, and roof repainted, i'll have them repaint the whole car so the paint all matches. But since it's all getting repainted, i want to paint it a different colour. I haven't decided on a colour yet, but i'm leaning towards Jet Black, and after it's been painted i'll buy a few cans of black plaati-dip and cover up parts that don't get painted, like the door jams or under the trunk and hood. I have until next wednesday to decide the colour, and i'll try and find a touch-up paint stick in the one i choose for the shop to match. My next mod should be getting front seats. The current seats are getting pretty worn, and the tears and cracks on the driver seat are opening up pretty badly. Depending on the exterior colour i choose, I'm thinking about getting used M3 seats, and getting the Cinnamon ColorBond dye spray from ECS tuning and spraying the seats and my door panels to match. If i choose a colour other than Jet Black, i'll keep my interior black. That's all i have for now, please let me know what you think, and if i'm making a mistake painting my car. After the fender issues and all these repairs, it's not about the resale value anymore, i just want to make it special to me.

Welcome back. I didn't read the paragraph. For some reason when I look at that paragraph, it seemed too large of a wall of text lol I read the first line though. Great progress

Sorry i put large paragraphs, i always forget to take pictures when i do maintenance and mods. I bought a replacement driver's side door and moved over all the hardware from my bent door to the good one, then bolted it on. The used door is black, but it'll be painted over soon as the shop gives me notice that i can bring the car for repairs to the fender and exterior respray. With the good door on, the poorly shaped quarter and fender is very noticeable now, it barely lines up with the door. I hope this shop does a much better job pulling out the dents and shapes the fender arch right.

I'll take some pictures of what it looks like after a good wash, and i'll post them here soon

Alright, finally had the chance to wash my car, and i forgot to mention i had the windshield replaced recently.
    Here are some photos of the replacement door, and the fender's misshapen side with the door for reference. Also pictures of the current fender gap after the suspension settling in. I think it will still lower over time, i saw some pictures on ZHPMafia of the B12 Pro-Kit being a little lower 3 months after install.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/PiT246

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/Y291J4

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/c8Wxj7

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/9cqe15

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/1VfW57

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/51mgH4

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/c1w6u2

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/21z3LQ

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/S63k94

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/85ge8Z

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188540970@N08/17Hz50

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Clark View Post
    Hey everyone!

Sorry i haven't updated in a while! Life's been pretty hectic, but i have made great progress on my car. I saved up and refreshed my car's suspension. I bought the Bilstein B12 pro-kit, new Lemforder front and rear mounts, Ground Control rear lower control arms, and an M3 front sway bar. It's been a little over a month since i installed it all, and my car has gotten just slightly lower than stock ZHP ride height, and handles like a dream �� i've driven through the winding roads to Lake Tahoe and the 17 Mile Drive in Monterey a few times to put it to the test. I also painted my car's bumper grill black. I forgot where i found the idea, somewhere on ZHP Mafia there was a tip to paint the bumper grill without removing the bumper by feeding balloons through the grill, inflating them, painting, then popping the balloons and fishing them back through so the paint doesn't touch the radiator or fan. It worked like a charm and whoever had that idea is a genius! Now to current updates, the bondo on my car's fender has multiple cracks and it looks like the bondo will break off soon, and the clear coat is peeling in two big spots on the roof. I found a body shop that can fix my car's fender, undo the crap that the previous guy did, and also sand off and repaint the whole car's exterior. Since i have to get the rear quarter, hood, and roof repainted, i'll have them repaint the whole car so the paint all matches. But since it's all getting repainted, i want to paint it a different colour. I haven't decided on a colour yet, but i'm leaning towards Jet Black, and after it's been painted i'll buy a few cans of black plaati-dip and cover up parts that don't get painted, like the door jams or under the trunk and hood. I have until next wednesday to decide the colour, and i'll try and find a touch-up paint stick in the one i choose for the shop to match. My next mod should be getting front seats. The current seats are getting pretty worn, and the tears and cracks on the driver seat are opening up pretty badly. Depending on the exterior colour i choose, I'm thinking about getting used M3 seats, and getting the Cinnamon ColorBond dye spray from ECS tuning and spraying the seats and my door panels to match. If i choose a colour other than Jet Black, i'll keep my interior black. That's all i have for now, please let me know what you think, and if i'm making a mistake painting my car. After the fender issues and all these repairs, it's not about the resale value anymore, i just want to make it special to me.
    Jet black could look cool, but if you were to keep SG and source a real cinnamon interior- dayum bro that would be a sharp looking e46.

I have a nasty crack in my windshield and was thinking of just using safelight to replace it. what did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    I have a nasty crack in my windshield and was thinking of just using safelight to replace it. what did you use?
    I used a number that my mechanic gave me, a guy that replaces windshields for super cheap. I think he only works within 25 miles of the Sacramento area in California. The windshield replacement only cost $270 in cash, or +5% if you pay with card. If you live in that area i could give you his phone number.

I used a number that my mechanic gave me, a guy that replaces windshields for super cheap. I think he only works within 25 miles of the Sacramento area in California. The windshield replacement only cost $270 in cash, or +5% if you pay with card. If you live in that area i could give you his phone number.
    I appreciate that but I’m in NY. After I posted that last night I checked to see what one would cost me through safelight and it came to around $280 plus like $35 for them to come to me. As long as I know that’s the ball park price.

Reconsider the SG with cinnamon. Ooooooooooofph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    Reconsider the SG with cinnamon. Ooooooooooofph
    I would definitely love that combo. I've decided to repaint the car Mystic Blue, but the shop still hasn't gotten back to me. If they don't call me soon i'm going to have to keep my car's exterior the way it is. I have a few spray cans of Sparkling Graphite paint so i could paint the door myself if it comes to it.

I would definitely love that combo. I've decided to repaint the car Mystic Blue, but the shop still hasn't gotten back to me. If they don't call me soon i'm going to have to keep my car's exterior the way it is. I have a few spray cans of Sparkling Graphite paint so i could paint the door myself if it comes to it.
    Nice colour choice, totally not biased

But dang, how much would that full paint job cost? And does that include the door jambs, inside trunk lid, etc?
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast