Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fixing my ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    If it's too good to be true then ...
    You're right. I'm getting too excited by a seemingly great deal on dent removal and paint. It'll probably end up like the last time, and i need to think logically. The shop guys never responded, so i'm giving up on that, probably for the best. I'm going to call around and try and get an average price for a left rear quarter, but before i buy it, i'll try to find a shop near me willing to cut my car's quarter and weld the good one on. I'll have to have almost the whole rear quarter cut off for this. In the mean time, i'll try to sand and paint the door myself with the Graphite spray paint, and do some more maintenance like spark plugs, coil packs, and some other misc things. Thanks for the reality check D-Rod and Fredo!

Agreed with above. Honestly... even cutting and re-welding the rear quarter, that's at minimum a $4k job. My car is tainted in the fact that the rear quarters have been filled, but it was properly done - the dent was pulled 95% of the way out, and fillers were used just to make the surface smooth. A rear quarter replacement would've far exceeded the value of my car and total it so I had no choice.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456