Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    If it's too good to be true then ...
    You're right. I'm getting too excited by a seemingly great deal on dent removal and paint. It'll probably end up like the last time, and i need to think logically. The shop guys never responded, so i'm giving up on that, probably for the best. I'm going to call around and try and get an average price for a left rear quarter, but before i buy it, i'll try to find a shop near me willing to cut my car's quarter and weld the good one on. I'll have to have almost the whole rear quarter cut off for this. In the mean time, i'll try to sand and paint the door myself with the Graphite spray paint, and do some more maintenance like spark plugs, coil packs, and some other misc things. Thanks for the reality check D-Rod and Fredo!

Agreed with above. Honestly... even cutting and re-welding the rear quarter, that's at minimum a $4k job. My car is tainted in the fact that the rear quarters have been filled, but it was properly done - the dent was pulled 95% of the way out, and fillers were used just to make the surface smooth. A rear quarter replacement would've far exceeded the value of my car and total it so I had no choice.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Hey everyone! Long time no see! So much has happened, and yet so little at the same time. I'll summarise without all the emotions though, only facts. Since the last time i updated, the bondo on my car's fender cracked and chips started to fall off. I gave in and took it to the shop i previously mentioned to "fix" the fender. The guy did pull the fender out and shaped it better than the last guy, but it's still not great. It does look better than a cracked and chipped fender though. After that. I started saving up for a real paint job. I talked to these guys i used to go to church with who own a paint shop near me, and they're giving me a great deal on the job. They're going to remove a few dents i pointed out here and there, and sand/repaint the whole exterior including the door jams, under the boot, and bonnet, for $2600. The colour i finally decided on is Estoril Blue, and i dropped the car off yesterday for them to begin.

Sorry for another wall of text. I have pictures of the fender repair, but dropping the car off yesterday was a sudden change of plans, and i forgot to take pictures of some of the dents we looked over. I'll upload the pictures of the fender soon. Cheers!

Sounds great, man. When do you expect to have the car back ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Sounds great, man. When do you expect to have the car back ?
    I should get my car back on Thursday next week i can't wait!

Wow, please post lots of pics!!! Estoril blue on an E46 is the perfect combo
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

wow can't wait to see this! If I were you, I'd start looking for a natural brown interior and begin drafting your BaT listing lol

Wow, that sounds like a great deal at 2,600. Estoril's a stunning color, looking forward to seeing the results.

Hey everyone! Happy New Year! I finally got my car back, there were a few delays but it's finally home! Just in time for the new year.
    Whenever i post links to pictures on Flickr they don't seem to display on my posts, i'll just post links to group photos like before.

Here is a picture during the fender repair, and pics of the fender after the repair:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/u74Ld4

Here are pictures i took after my car was prepped and ready to enter the paint booth:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/b43TKY

And finally! My brand new car! I couldn't take many photos because it started raining soon after these were taken
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/Gg4C31

I hope I can take good care of my car's paint, I'll still have to leave it outside for another month, but after that i'll have a garage space to keep it in overnight.
    My car's brought me so much joy over the years. 41,000 miles later and it's almost completely fixed up. It's like a completely different car than the one i bought at this point, after all the repairs i've done. my next plan is to restore some of the interior. I bought another full set of black cube trim from EBay. it's in good condition. Better than mine at least. But i want to restore it and paint it silver like the DIY guide on ZHPMafia, and take the centre console and other parts and plasti-dip them back to nice black rubber again.
    Here's to a great 2021! Cheers

Cars looks great ... congrats !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast