Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Man, I think Estoril has got to be my favourite colour on these cars... well actually, hard to decide between that and Imola.

I did notice it seems like the body shop did not take their time with front bumper fitment. Shouldn't be too bad of a job to get it to line up nicely, then it's miiiiiint
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Awesome progress

Looks amazing!

stunner for sure

Hey everyone! I'm finally back. Life has been so hectic recently, i haven't had a minute to spare with school starting and moving house and too much to do. I've done a few more mods to the car, and have a bit more coming too. I finally got the transmission and rear differential serviced, I took out the centre console and sanded the rubber off/plasti-dipped it black, put in M3 seats, put in aluminium foot pedals, and put sound insulation material underneath the rear seats and behind the door cards. I'll have some pictures posted soon, I just wanted to give an update and let everyone know i'm still here

Nicely done! Would love to see some pics

Hey everyone, i'm finally back. It's been a crazy ride and a lot has happened, i'm writing up a summary of everything that's happened and i'll try to have it posted tonight

Howdy yall!
    Finally back with an update, it's been a while, not too much has happened though. From my last post i mentioned i got the transmission and differential serviced, i put M3 seats in, put sound insulation in the doors and under the rear seats, and put aluminium foot pedals in. I did take the centre console and the dash storage out, sanded them, and plasti dipped them black. It looked fine for a month but the plasti dip started wearing down soon after, even without being touched. Since then, i've ordered a new center console, sliding storage tray, and the radio bracket/dash storage. New oem parts were too expensive, so i bought the best looking used parts on ebay, and a new cheap centre console from china. I wasn't expecting oem quality, but it looks better than i thought. The only thing is the plastic is flat black plastic not the rubber black coating like the used parts i bought, but it doesn't look too bad.
    Here are pics of the original trim being plasti dipped, and the new replacements afterword.
    ;;
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/0c9K64
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/CE39W4
    ;;
    Before i got the centre console, i ordered M3 seats from ebay. I've wanted M3 seats for a while, and i'd finally gotten one of the stimulus checks. I rushed to ebay to look for a pair of seats. I found a set of powered seats with lumbar support on the driver's side in black leather for $800. I was so excited to finally get front seats for my car, because of the cracked/torn driver side leather and dodgy passenger seat controls on the sport seats i had, that i didn't want to wait and see if a nicer set of seats might pop up. The seats i got were nice, no tears in the leather, just some parts of the driver seat with indentations or light scratches. And the controls on the passenger side work perfectly =D
    I also got an M3 oval rear view mirror. I found one for a good deal on ebay, in good looking condition. I thought an oval mirror would be nice, since i sit so high in the car the rectangle mirror blocked a lot of my vision. Something very weird happened though. I installed the mirror the night i got it, and it fit just like i should. The next morning i was going to work. I started my car, and soon smoke started coming out of the mirror, and it smelled like melting plastic. I unplugged it as soon as i could, and the smoke stopped, but the smell lingered for a week. I don't know if the pinout is different for the plugs between my car and the mirror, or the mirror was damaged before i revieved it, but it definitely broke the auto-dim feature. I still kept the mirror on, because it's cleaner than the mirror i had.
    Here are some pictures i took while switching the seats out, and the M3 mirror
    ;;
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/N16b2L
    ;;
    I also bought new tires for my car. Up until that point, i've only been able to afford used tires whenever they get punctured or worn out. I finally saved up enough to get new tires, so i took advantage of a sale on Michelin tires at Costco. I got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires. I don't really have pictures of before and after for that.
    ;;
    I had a cool project idea recently, after i was looking at pictures of different coloured interiors for the E46. I liked the look of extended leather options, where the dashboard was a different colour leather except for the raised section with the airbag cover and gauge cluster hump remaining black. I wanted a theme like that, keeping my dash black and the raised section in alcantara. Like a racecar with a flocked dash. I bought a few yards of anthracite alcantara, the same shade BMW uses for their alcanara, 9001 or 9002 charcoal grey i think. I tried my best to wrap the dash in the alcantara, but it was quite a bit more difficult than i thought. I had to use a lot of glue, especially around the hump over the gauge cluster, so i can't really undo what i did. It was impossible for me to lay it down flat around the gauge cluster, so i had to cut it and wrap it in 3 pieces. I think the dash turned out as well as it could have, but it's still rough. From the back you can see all the white fibers coming out of the backing of the fabric, where i couldn't fit my hand between the dash and the windshield with a razer to cut the fabric out. And the 3 pieces with the cuts visible around the gauge cluster. If i had a 2nd dash to wrap outside the car then swap the two, it would have turned out so much better.
    Here are some pics of the dashboard
    ;;
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/wWm75B
    ;;
    I haven't done anymore maintenance recently, (other than oil changes of course). I had to get a smog check this year when renewing the registration, and it was the worst experience i've ever had. I fixed everything on my car, and had no check engine light, so i fully expected to pass like i did last year. This time though, the guy working the smog station brought out the magnifying glass and found a pinhole in my car's lower intake boot. I ordered a new upper and lower intake boot, put them in, and the next week i went to retest my car. The rediculous people at the smog shop wouldn't even test my car because the smaller hose in the intake boot was "kinked". They tried to tell me that the kinked hose is my secondary air pump and they wouldn't test it if it's kinked. I corrected their lack of knowlege, but they still wouldn't test my car. I had to wait another week because of my work schedule, but i took the intake boot out, and slipped a tube of harder rubber, at a perfect length and width into the hose to the idle motor that couldn't get dislodged, to keep the hose from kinking. I went to a different smog shop, and finally passed after trying for 3 weeks. Of course they made me late on the registration period too.
    ;;
    Other than that, nothing else done to my car. I've been quite busy with school. I've moved twice, changed jobs twice, and haven't been making enough money to do more to my car. It looks like the left rear fender is starting to form micro cracks under the paint, i hope it lasts another year before i can do something about it. After my last update, i've been having the worst backpain of my life. For the last half of the year i haven't been able to sit comfortably in my car, and i can't get any enjoyment out of my car right now. Even worse, the new job i've gotten is around a 40 minute drive one way. I'm trying to fix my back, but if i can't, i'll have to sell my car. The stiffer suspension hurts my back on each bump, and the lowered ride height makes it difficult to get in/out. I might switch the ZHP seats back in and see if they are better for my back. The lumbar support in the M3 seats aren't helping my back at all.

Sorry about all the talking, i hope this update has been enough. I don't know if the other guy with the Estoril Blue ZHP Coupe is still around, i hope the pics i have are enough to satisfy.
    ;;
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/188540.../shares/5122i7
    ;;
    Also! My car just reached 170k miles! Here's to another 170k, hopefully,

Cheers!

nice updates!

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

nice job. You should really consider just making an actual build thread and throwing all the pictures/updates on there.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast