Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Windshield Washer Fluid needs new pump?

My wiper fluid is not coming out when I engage the toggle in the car, and had Firestone check it out (I use them for my free lifetime alignment and to diagnose issues and fix simple things because they are good for that and they are awesome people over there) and they gave me a quote for the pump replacement at $57 for part and $96 for labor.

I was going to have my mobile mechanic come replace my stupid window regulator again, but he is MIA and a new guy wants to charge $120 to install it over the $90 my guy charged... and some other guys quoted me like $150-$200... aholes.

Mobile mechs obviously have the time advantage, I basically waste zero time, but in this case, might think about taking this Firestone and getting it done with another alignment in about 3 hours time if you guys think the price is good for the wiper fluid and assuming it is the correct diagnosis... and hopefully they install my third party regulator and charge under $100 for it.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

you should try DIYing it - windshield washer pump replacement is pretty easy. Not sure what brand it was but I bought a new pump off a friend for something like $10, and it's still chugging along 4+ years later. FCP Euro has this for $13, and if it pops you can just get a new one for free.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

+1 I would DIY it. It'll probably take you like 10 mins tops. Maybe an hour if you're going ridiculously slow or you got washer fluid all over the place and need to clean it up lol

Easy job. Here's the TIS write-up - https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...system/AznZYZ5
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

My body shop guy has replaced several windows regulators and one windshield washer pump for me. His labor rate is cheaper than a mechanic. You may want to check into that option.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

And the body shop guy is probably more likely to firmly reattach the vapor barrier to the door to keep water out!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

The easiest thing I replaced on my zhp is the windshield washer fluid pump. Order the part and diy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |