Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    (5/16/2014)

Ok so now with the distraction out of the way. Got my car back yesterday. I took some pictures today with my temporary POS phone. Posting it up anyways mainly because Jason (Devious1) told me the pictures I sent him sucked ass lol

Still a few things that I need to go back and take care of, then clear bra. then i can drive the car again. But man, first time driving the car in 3 months, the car was light as hell. Felt way lighter than it is usually.

(5/20/2014)

looks so nice, i took another picture ::

(5/26/2014)

Small update:

Here are some pictures Brian N. took of my car at the gas station on his iPhone.

Ignore the gas pump :

You can't really see the CF on the roof as well. But don't worry, I got you guys covered with this update to my CSL roof thread on m3forum:

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Alright, it was a nice day today and the car was outside so I'm finally able to take more pictures of the roof. I guess this is fit/finish pictures part 2. I wanted to take pictures of the roof before I put on my clear bra so you guys have a more accurate feel for the finish.

The red that you see, is from the camera. I think it's from the sun being directly behind. The roof is still pretty dirty. I only did a quick wipe down.

Pictures just can't do it justice. Well I guess not with my photography skills anyways lol

All fitment pictures have been updated in the first post as well. Time to jump on it for you stragglers that have been holding out 2:
    Still a few things needed to be done on my car and I should be good for this modding year:
    - adjust height (m3 fender arch sits higher than non-m, so there's a gap now)
    - vinyl window trim gloss black (have vinyl, just lazy lol)
    - install CSL rails (stock ones are on right now, waiting for them to come in)
    - re-attach my angel eye wiring
    - clear bra (should be done in a week)
    - detail (courtesy of Brian N.)

I think that's all that is needed, I forgot

(6/3/2014)

Was super busy the last couple of days. But here is a nice update.

So yesterday, I spent the day running around picking up stuff that we needed for the short detail/paint correction needed for the clear bra. I dropped off the car to get a few minor adjustments as I mentioned and got the car back the same day. Washed it too so that it could be ready :excited:

Then this morning at 6am, we started the detail so that I could make my 9am appointment for clear bra (I didn't make it : more on it later).

Brian N. did basically all the work, I only did the parts that required hand polishing lol

Brian started off claying the car, but because of fresh paint, it took all of like 15 mins to do the front and roof lol

Next was the CF roof (used an MF pad w/ Menzerna FG 400)

Then the hood next using a brand new MF pad with the same polish. Here's a shot of him on the vents:

Didn't take any pictures of the fenders since while he was doing that, i was hand polishing the kidney grill area. I also watched him do the headlights. My headlights weren't that bad, but might as well since it's getting covered too.

Next up was the front bumper:

Finally went back to the CF roof to make it extra glossy. Cause you know, that's the most important piece (Used a white foam pad w/ Menzerna SF4500):

While he was doing the finishing touches on the roof, i hand polished the door cups since that was getting covered too.

Yep the roof looked like glass :str8pimpi. So nice. Then with our crappy phones :banghead:, we tried to take pictures of it cause this would be the only time you'd be able to see it after polishing and before clear bra.

Nothing came out great, but here are my attempts anyways:

So back to the 9am time. When we decided to go ahead and make the roof more glossy I was already cutting it close. Then I wasted more time by trying to take pictures of it. I ended up 30ish minutes late :lmao: But they were cool about it though.

Special thanks to Brian N. for waking up early, driving up here just to detail :bow: Now go buy the roof already

(6/16/2014)

Here's some pictures from when I got my car back from clear bra. It was the same day we did the polishing, but I was too tired/lazy to go through the rest of the pictures.

Anyways, I got a full hood/fenders/bumper wrapped. Along with the CF roof, mirrors, headlights, and door cups. They did a great job @ Protective Film Solutions in Santa Ana :. You can't even see the seams unless your face was directly in it. Especially on my hood where the vents are. That's where you should see the most seams and it's perfect.

Here's a few pictures I took after I picked it up:

I tried taking a picture of the seam on the bumper line. They had to cut around it since there's not enough surface area for the film to stick if you push it in side. It was hard to capture the seam even still.

Then the roof, it still looks as good as when we polished it. Like nothing was ever there :str8pimpi

Obviously, I plan to take better pictures later. It's just I'm not allowed to wash my car right now. Car is getting dirty as hell

fast forward to yesterday, I finally did my oil change. It was overdue like 3 months ago since it's been sitting at the shop. Oil was pretty dirty.

My makeshift oil drain. The real ones cost too much lol

While I was doing that, I took the time to snap some quick pictures of my lighted door handle LED modules for the members that PMed me about it. I used the e92 ones. The e90 ones have 3 LEDs in them and are larger in size as opposed to 2.

I also took a picture of my BMWPedals (now called PedalHaus) heel extension that I had Brian@BMWPedals made. It also lifts the pedal up like 1/4" or something. I forgot the exact thickness. You can see their clutch stop (this was prototype version 2) in the back too.

Overall, I'm happy with the bra so far. I already scrapped on my bumper, and destroyed a little bit of the clear bra that overlapped down the splitters lol I guess I hit it pretty hard, and the film did it's job as best that it could since the scratches in that area were way shallower than the parts that weren't protected. I need to make a plate to protect that area now.

And then another fail happened to me yesterday. I was about to install my SS brake lines, when I realized that I got 2 fronts doh! : I bought this like back in July/August 2013 lol Luckily, Robert@EAS is taking care of me on the exchange.

edit:
    Just updated my first post with my current mod list too.

(7/8/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by patdeezy View Post
    so cleannnnnnn
    Thanks man

update:
    I got these like a week or so ago.

BimmerBrakes Gen3 reps. I don't plan on putting them on any time soon though. I plan to send them to Swaintech first to have it coated, then go from there.

Then today, this came in for me:

They are just the CSL rails. I'll take some pictures of the rails after I put them in I guess.

(7/14/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Saw Hieu's car in person... pics don't do it justice. It is gorgeous!
    Quote Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
    This car is definitely coming along! Can't wait to see what's next. I have the same pedals on my AW E46. I picked them up at Bimmerfest and loved the little brackets that help guide your drill bit during install. Made it 100x easier than when I put ACS pedals in my old car.
    thanks guys.

so one of my CSL rails came in scratched and chipped from ECStuning. Now I have to wait until September for a new rail : I don't understand why they didn't just wrap the damaged rail as nice as they did for the undamaged one.

Anyhow, I washed my car today. Even washed my wheels, which i'm normally lazy to do. Supposed to have it detailed this week by Brian, but he's hurt himself so maybe next week i guess.

(8/12/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by speedsation View Post
    tastefully modded. love it! :
    Quote Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
    car is looking good man!
    Quote Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
    car is looking good man! i miss my e46!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    Ditto. Can't stop picking through this thread.
    thanks guys.

So some updates...

My friend Jason (Devious1) decided to sell his car. So while we were parting his car, I took the chance to trade him a couple of things that I wanted. I got his Turner Motorsports sway bars and rear adjustable camber arms.

Some pictures during the install process:

Stock ones:

Turner ones (dirty, but still in great condition nonetheless):

During the install process, I couldn't adjust the front shocks on the ASTs to adjust for preload on the sways because one of my lug nuts were seized so I just left it like that. But the next day, when up on something and then here a loud pop. I was like "damn, I just broke those endlinks." Well turns out, all it did was break the endlink bracket loose. After taking off the seized lug nut, I lifted up to adjust it and all was well. Luckily those endlink brackets can be adjusted, if it was welded on, something would have broken for sure.

Currently, they are set to soft/soft for the front/rear bars. And the rear camber arms is set to -1 deg, cause that's how it was on his car. I plan to get an alignment after i do my lines and lower the front.

Then the next day, I couldn't take it being dirty as hell anymore. So I washed it.

Today....

I went to EAS to pick up my rear SS lines finally. It was an exchange because I got 2 fronts instead of a front/rear set. I also bought one lug nut to replace the one that got seized on my stud.

Took some pictures while I was out front lol

My gf wanted one too :D

and their newest addition to their shop...

I'm really loving how my car looks right now. I'll probably take care of the SS lines and brake flush + CDV delete sometime this week.

I was going to ask Anthony to take some pictures, But decided not to. I'll ask him once i get the shadowline vinyl done and finish the adjustments on the car. That would be my final round of mods for now.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I just put in an order for a custom Autosolutions SSK for my car. It won't be here until like October or something though, I can't wait for it.

(8/14/2014)

I got my other CSL rail in finally. I got it wrapped in Xpel yesterday. I am not buying these again, have to wait to damn long, and if it's damaged like last time, wait even longer. So I wrapped it. Looks good, again, can't even tell. I am getting it installed at A1 tomorrow.

A couple of pictures (for some reason my phone took them in B&W):

(8/17/2014)

Installed the rails yesterday @ A1. I guess they beta-linked my rails the first time around lol but they got it off pretty easily which was cool. I decided to use 3M double sided tape this time around. But so far it doesn't really sit down correctly :banghead:. So I think I'll just go back to gluing it again.

Wayne and his assistant:

Took off the first rail in great condition (driver's side):

The other side, not so much (passenger side):

Installed (don't mind the marks, just dirty.):

Not much difference between the rails. The CSL rails used thicker gauge metal so it felt heavier. It deletes the roof rack holes, which i never use anyways. And I replaced it because my stock ones didn't have the rubber when they repainted it, and the huge gap bothered me lol

so today...

Washed the car again. No I didn't do it because I wanted to waste water lol

Brian was coming over. You know what that means...:excited: Yep, detail. Went through it pretty fast today, a lot faster than before, but it's probably cause we did one like less than a year ago.

I didn't take much pictures after he finished polishing. We tried out a new nano glaze from Wolf's Chemicals after he was done polishing the car. I guess it's like a permanent glaze of sorts that is also used as a pre-cleaner for the new sealant I got. I had HardBody sealant before, it was super glossy and super slick already. But the new Bodyguard (which is the successor) came out and I had to try that too lol

So far I only put on one coat, I needed to wait until tomorrow to do the second coat. I'll try to take some pictures, but no promises cause I'm busy as hell tomorrow too.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast