Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I told you that I would remember our pain lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

So...still don't have my rear bumper. But my car is drivable. We switched gears and started on JR's manual swap. Been a month, we're only at the 50% mark cause of all of those "while we're here" stuff.

So yesterday, I dropped my car off at EAS to get the TS2 installed. Will be getting tires at the same time. The guys there didn't believe it would show until my car actually made it there in the sad state it's currently in. To me it drives great, except for the bad alignment, horrible suspension, and weak AC lol

I'll just do the VANOS shit and the rest of the stuff after lol I still need new suspension, rear bumper, and fix some little knick knacks on the car. Then detail.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

As I previously stated, I dropped the car off at EAS like 2 weeks ago. No deadline, so they can do it whenever.

So it's there for:
    • ESS TS2
    • New tires, and will put my ARC-8s on the car
    • M3 motor mounts

Whenever they get the tires and wheels on. We're going to figure how large of a spacer I need. I think if it's going to be like 20mm, I'm just going to buy new wheels. Maybe I can run et22 square.

Anyhow, yesterday, I dropped by because I wanted to do some things while the bumper was going to be off the car. I needed to look for my fog light wiring on the passenger side. It was missing last time. Turns out that it was lodged behind the brake duct. I had to remove it in order to get it out. I also took off the wiring harness that I had for the HID fogs that I never used. Last thing I did was take off the HID kits that I mounted on the bumper reinforcement bar. Seriously, in my quest for clean install, I always make shit harder for myself later lol

They told me when they were doing the baseline dyno, the power was surging because of the DISA. Pretty sure that was our fault lol I was like screw the o-ring cause I won't have a DISA after this.

Here's some pictures I took while I was there.

They are doing a lot more Tesla stuff now. So maybe suspension for my Tesla, after my E46 is done? Lol

So…I'm currently on a remote project and a project at a local hospital. I have been working double shifts for the last 3 weeks. I'm so tired of this shit The consequences of my actions lol I still have the rest of the month to go. So there's not much updates. I don't even drive the car, I'm pretty sure my battery is dying/dead.

Anyways, to catch up on what happened from last time.

Got Nick@EAS to take some pictures for me. I'll have to come back to get some more when I have the rest of my car back together.

Installed

It's looking all pretty in black. Now I just need to do the TB. I feel like I should get a BBTB while I'm at it. I'll deal with that later.

Anyhow, after they installed it. PS died. WTF. Why? I had the LF-20. So I just took the time to do the LF-30 upgrade while I was at it. This is a whole debacle in itself. Bought the needed HP line. Then I bought a rebuilt LF-30 pump. The problem is the pump didn't come with brackets, so I bought a used LF-30 to get the brackets as seen here:

They installed it, then this happened.

So it turns out the rebuilt one I bought didn't fit the HP line that was meant for it. Why? Dunno Went to back and forth for awhile and they ordered 2 more units with the same problem. So I decided to do a refund and then just rebuild the used that I bought.

The seals were cheap. I bought it from this guy that's on bimmerforums. The guy, he is a total . Seriously. I hit him up to meet up so that I could get it faster. Then his dumbass doesn't understand how to use email, gets angry at me because he keeps replying to the same message multiple times. Blames me, then cancels the meet and tells me to pay over PayPal. I bought the seals online, took like 3 days to get to me. When I could have just picked it up locally.

Then the shop that I got the rebuilt unit from tells me that they found a rebuilt one that fits the HP line. Since I didn't receive the refund yet, I was like why not. Picked it up and gave it to EAS. Faster than me rebuilding the LF-30 I have.

So now I have a used OE LF-30 with rebuild seals possibly for sale. I might rebuild it and clean it up before selling it. Figure that out later when I have more time.

During that whole time, I was bored. Posted this on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comment...lloween_heres/

Then I made some for my friend and SamBam's car.

I didn't really like how the triangles looked with my friend's m240, so I made different teeth for SamBam lol

Which you can see at this link:
    https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...8&postcount=11

Then I dressed up the model 3 while I was at it.

Fast forward iono 2 weeks ago? Car is done yay

I literally only had time to pick it up and drive it home

I feel like I need to do something to cover up this hole I now have right here where the brake fluid is. There used to be some carpet covering.

All nice and stealth looking. I just got to paint the TB.

This is where she's been sitting for the last couple of weeks.

The 265s look good. I guess I don't really need to space it out as much as I thought I would.

Driving home, car felt nice power wise. Other than just pushing it going straight on the freeway. That's about all I could do because the suspension I'm on is shit lol I have no sway bar endlinks and all of the shocks are shot. But I am working on that.

I'm working with EAS to get the MCS 2WNR.

Rich (ItsRichieRich) helped me secure new end links. I got some Whiteline ones this time around. Thanks Rich

I still need to go get my rear bumper lol Maybe next month. I don't have time. I don't get much sleep nowadays. And I'm doing this post while "working" lol

Until next time..

Damn, what a journey. Also I feel you on work... also why I haven't been on much. I need to update my thread as well lol
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    So I finally started replacing shit to get ready for the SC. After 3 days of this, I'm already lazy to do the rest of the stuff lol

DAY 1 (8/16/21)

Anyways, on my drive over to JR's, I looked down and saw my car passing a milestone. So took a picture. Not the best, but I was driving lol

The plan for this round was to replace the coolant hard lines, dipstick o-ring, and OFHG. I skipped some of the other stuff since apparently I won't even need it on the TS2.

Requires taking off the intake manifold. Man why the hell was it so hard? Lol

Got through the easy stuff

Also, the torx to my hydraulic tensioner pulley was partially stripped. I needed a T52 I just wrapped the T50 up with a few rounds of electrical tape and hoped that it held long enough just to take off the belts. I'll let future sillie deal with it when we go to put the belt back on.

A shot of JR getting DEEP in there as we moved on to taking the intake manifold off.

God, it didn't help that my engine bay was dirty as shit from all the sanding dust.
    After a lot of cursing and stuff, we took a break. I took this picture lamenting my decision to start this project lol We were like what? 25% at this stage

F*** Y*** S*** Got it off. Actually, we didn't take it all the way off. There was a fuel line or something still attached. Didn't want to bother with that so we just move it to the side. Also broke the return line that goes to the CCV (you can see it sticking out in the pic). Luckily, I bought all the CCV parts (before, I found out that I didn't need it ).

Took another much needed break after this. I was like how are we going to put this back together correctly? Debated on whether or not we should continue. We did. Just to swap the hard lines since we already did the coolant drain and it's literally just those 2 things. JR thought it would be easy. Took us like another hour or so of us cursing on why tf it was so hard to pull. Broke stuff off of it and it still didn't budge.

The method that finally prevailed was: Ok this looks like it would be better for you cause, right handed (JR). You got this. Then for the other hose, oh it's left handed (me), damn I gotta do it

These 2 fucking hard lines. I hate you But I'm glad I replaced it. Because the one on top was actually broken inside with pieces in the engine. Also the o-rings on them were flat af.

Looking at this picture now, I just realized that I took a picture before I cut the blue zip tie. And somehow we managed to zip tie the correct stuff to the hard lines and route the alternator wire and all the other stuff correctly LOL

Cleaned up some of the area, then I was like hmm. I didn't know there's stuff in here. I figured I would take a picture because I plan to not see this for a long while.

I was going to clean the area. But I was like fuck it. Too lazy lol I only wiped the puddles of coolant and oil and stuff.

We decided to stop here for the day.

DAY 2 (8/17/21)

Damn I was sore af. Then I had to get up and drive up there again and do the second half of the stuff. We started later in the day, so I didn't think we would get as far.

So the focus was replacing the OFHG, dipstick o-ring, the bottom coolant hose, the return line to the CCV we broke and putting everything back together as much as we could.

Didn't remember how to do the OFHG so had to look up DIY. It was somewhat fairly painless to take off. If anything, putting it back to align it took longer. I also forgot to keep note of which bolts were what But Pelican Parts DIY to the rescue. I also replaced the VANOS oil return line too.

Only picture I took lol

Spent the next several hours figuring out what we did so we could go backwards in order to put the intake back on. Then we got to the part where the fuel vent hose needed to go on the side nipple all the way on the corner of the engine. FML this has got to be the hardest FJDASOGNEOQ!!! Hose to put on. We literally spent like a couple hours on this part.

First of all, the hose was WAY smaller than the nipple/tube that it has to go over. Then you have this SHORT ASS FUCKING hose that barely makes it there. WHY?! GOD DAMMIT WHY?!

I found the other end of it while we were figuring out what to do. Since this all project all of a sudden turned into GOD TIER MODE. I was like screw it, pulled the other end off. Well it wouldn't come off. I had to use a blade and cut it off without seeing it. Even when I cut it, It held on for dear life. Like HAHAHAH JK you thought you found a cheat huh?

Kojima, you designed this level didn't you?

After I finally got it off. We went to buy longer versions of the hose, and tried to use a larger size as well. Larger size didn't work. The connection on the bottom was too small. So had to make due with the current hose size which is still god damn impossible to put on. After several attempts, tried putting the hose in hot water to get it on. We were only ever able to get on like 40% of the distance. Fuck it, it's good enough, doesn't look like it'll come off. I think I got like 24" of the hose (the original was already like 12" wtf), I didn't even cut it. Shoved the rest in the back of the car and plugged the other side in. This paid dividends later.

We took the intake manifold off a few times while trying to figure out how to route hoses and connectors and such. The one that sucked was the power lead for the starter. We clipped it on a clip that we though it might have gone to. And it made it extremely short. Had to take the damn thing out off just so we could reroute it. It took some time, but we finally got it back on.

After taking another well deserved break, I figured we should switch gears and put the alternator and belts back on. Seriously FU past sillie At this point, it was like 10pm. And here we're struggling to put the god damn serpentine belt on. That stripped torx? It went from T52 to T54 at some point before not even being able to be used. We couldn't hold it long enough for me to safely put the belt on without some serious injury. What normally takes like 30 seconds, took like an hour lol Ended up trying a HEX. Got a 5/16th to fit, added some electrical tape to make sure it's in there good. Hammered the socket in. We had one shot at this lol Got that bitch on

EAS can deal with it now

Put the rest of the parts in. It was pretty smooth sailing from this point since it's just putting the easy stuff back on. Filled the car with oil, I skipped the funnel cause it was taking too long. I was doing pretty good until I didn't Then the coolant, well that was just awful lmao I spilled a ton of that too lol I didn't want to wait for the slow funnel. It was like 230am at this part.

Finally, everything is back. Go to start the car and it dies right away Son of a bitch. Tried a couple more times and no go. Gave up. It was too late to troubleshoot so I just left for the day.

DAY 3 (8/18/21)

So JR was busy today, so I just did the troubleshooting on my own. I was kind of lazy, but since it was all cloudy and stuff I decided to drive up. Seriously, iono what we could have done wrong. I went through all the shit on the drive back to JRs house. Honestly the 2 biggest issues I could think of is it's either fuel related or vacuum/air related.

I was going to start it again and figured it was a hiccup. But after priming the fuel pump a few times, I was like nah. I'll just go check it out. I decided to start looking for vacuum/air first. It's like the first thing we needed to take off anyways so yeah. THEN I SAW IT This glint that wasn't supposed to be there.

YES!! Thank god it was something easy. Honestly fuck these aftermarket Chinese OEM style hoses. They were somehow more difficult to put on than my silicone intake hoses lol So I swapped my hoses back on.

It's ALIVE!!!

So this time, turned on and stayed on. Although it was still running a little rough. I looked around and saw the vacuum line connected to the F connector had a cut in it. Must be from when we were moving it around. I replaced it with the hose that I bought the other day for the Kojima level.

And everything is good. Car is up and running and everything seems to be good. There was coolant dripping when I was backing up, but it just turned out to be all of the coolant I spilled while pouring it into the car LOL

Taking a break from that train wreck of install lol

The next thing up to do is the VANOS. Got to do the seals and anti-rattle kit. I also have fuel filter, motor mounts, transmission mounts. I think that's it as far as getting the car ready for the TS2 goes. I need to replace my current suspension and get tires, but I can do that later.
    Next time you clean that area (or any grease for that matter) use Lamp Oil, takes off grease and wax easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789