Saturday I took a short trip into town to drop off glass recycling. Was almost there, and the battery light came on. I immediately turned around, and on the way back the light stayed on, then more lights came on, then the car lost throttle response, then it died. I had a neighbor come tow me the 3 blocks back home.

Charged the battery, tested voltage with the car off (12.7), and on (around 14)--the car had cooled a bit at this point. Left it overnight, battery still 12.7, on was 14.1. Used the on-board computer (key to position 2, hold left ODO reset post, go to 19, then go to test 9) to show voltage while I'm driving. All good--14/14.1, dips and recovers when I hit window switches, AC, lights. Driving along for about 20 minutes, then pulled away quite quickly from a stop light, and bam, battery light comes on and voltage dips into the 12s. Get home, park it, rev it, and even at 5-6,000 RPM, it only goes up to 13.8. At idle it's 11-12.

Go out this morning, use the computer, and it's 12.7 off and 14 on. I suspect if I drive it a while it'll go down again.

Does this point to alternator? Battery seems to take and hold a charge fine.

Thanks,

Paul