Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    Dang it
    and to add salt to the wound, I discovered during mirror removal that when the local auto stereo shop installed my Grom 2 years ago, they never put the rain sensor covers back on. Grrrrrr

OEM covers were cheap enough on ebay, but c'mon man
    Pete

Bummer. Hope you get the right one soon.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Need help...

I ordered a mirror from a salvage yard using car-part.com and it arrived today. The site had a picture of the mirror installed in a 2008 328i convertible and the VIN showed me the correct options for the mirror.

I quickly installed it and - compass and Homelink function but the key FOB still doesn't work. Put the original E46 mirror back on, and the key FOBs work.

What am I missing here? Everything I've read says the antenna is in the E93 mirror too, and it should have been plug and play

Any thoughts? Not anxious to just go buy a 3rd mirror

Any help would be appreciated
    Pete

I few hours of research have at least yielded me the wiring diagram for the mirror causing more confusion. My original mirror connector is fully pinned. Clearly from the diagram below Pin 2 is the signal wire for the antenna. I then checked both of the mirrors I just bought - and pin 2 is missing in both. And the second mirror wasn't an Ebay purchase, it was supposedly from an E93 328i convertible based on the pictures and the VIN.

Did the salvage yard ship me the wrong mirror too? Just called them... yup! You order an E90/91/92/93 BMW mirror online and they just grab one. But the sales guy was great, and he's going to see if he can grab a "convertible" mirror if available next week...... one with a Pin 2 please
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Bingo ! There's hope here.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Need help...

I ordered a mirror from a salvage yard using car-part.com and it arrived today. The site had a picture of the mirror installed in a 2008 328i convertible and the VIN showed me the correct options for the mirror.

I quickly installed it and - compass and Homelink function but the key FOB still doesn't work. Put the original E46 mirror back on, and the key FOBs work.

What am I missing here? Everything I've read says the antenna is in the E93 mirror too, and it should have been plug and play

Any thoughts? Not anxious to just go buy a 3rd mirror

Any help would be appreciated
    Sorry, wish I could help. When I hooked mine up I followed a DIY. Also, my E46 is not a convertible.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtamayo027 View Post
    Sorry, wish I could help. When I hooked mine up I followed a DIY. Also, my E46 is not a convertible.

Thanks. The convertible is clearly different and DIY's aren't popping up with how it was accomplished. I'm still digging, and really hope the salvage yard will send me an actual convertible mirror next week. That would be a great start
    Pete

Very cool he'll help you find a vert one, GL!

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Bump...got another one for sale

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    GL!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast