Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB M Tech II front bumper

Hey everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was hoping my first post to be an introductory post about me/ my 05’ ZHP coupe. However, quarantine in Brooklyn has exposed my beloved Helga to the most embarrassing of indignities aka a late night hit and run (see photos).

Looking for a m-tech II coupe bumper in any condition between new and decent (to be repainted by my friendly neighborhood auto body expert if necessary). If it’s orient blue already, all the better.

My inspection expired last month, I somehow doubt it’ll pass w/ my bumper cover hanging half off the car.

Thanks! And be safe everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome out of lurker status! GLWSearch.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Welcome out of lurker status! GLWSearch.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Much appreciated!
    Also, just realize I forgot the aforementioned photos

Also, anyone have any thoughts on aftermarket bumpers? Is it foolish to not consider them? If so, does anyone have a recommendation? Cheapest I can find the OEM variety for is around $600.

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear this, man why are people such assholes. I've never actually taken the front fascia off so perhaps take this with a grain of salt, but are you sure you can't reuse your cover? Might just be the bumper brackets that have broken, and not the fascia itself.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Damn that sucks, sorry to hear this, man why are people such assholes. I've never actually taken the front fascia off so perhaps take this with a grain of salt, but are you sure you can't reuse your cover? Might just be the bumper brackets that have broken, and not the fascia itself.
    I wish I had an answer to that. Funny enough, I’ve been parked there for nearly the entire length of the pandemic. I picked that spot specifically because there’s no parking from the front of my car to the corner; and the next hydrant is close enough that no one can park behind me (legally speaking). However (for better or worse), NYPD has been way less stringent in my area w/ respect to parking regulations.

As for preserving the bumper, it turns out that the points where the bumper cover is mounted were cracked. So it’s up to me whether I want my guy to epoxy it back together or get a replacement altogether. And while I have every confidence in his abilities; I can’t help but think that I’d be better off w a solid, singular part.
    That said, I’d be delighted to be convinced otherwise.

I just replaced mine last week and I'd think that the slot/guide on the bumper that slides into the body bracket would be the weak link and break in this situation.

But that might be repairable instead of replacing the bumper. I have an example image of the right hand side guide on mine that would slide into the body bracket. The edges could easily be broken, but probably plastic welded back on :
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    I have one of those $170 replica bumpers. It was great until I hit a tire. Fitment was spot on if you're worried about that. I'll give it a B- for durability though.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT