Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Rear Suspension Lopsided, Looking for Koni Maybe..?

Hello all,

Upon quick inspection of my car tonight, it seems as if my passenger side rear is sitting about an inch lower than my driver side rear. I'm assuming that my rear suspension is going out, especially as upon inspection when I first got it, the guys at the shop said the rear shocks looked a bit old.

It seems as if Koni is the way to go. Talking briefly with my mechanic, he had high praise for Koni. Would it be smart to go Koni all around with my shocks? I want to keep stock ride height or maybe lower about half an inch, but if it saves money, I'm fine with keeping stock ride height. I'm not interested in adjustable ride height, since I don't have a jack at home and I don't want the headache.

Should I just replace the rears with Koni and keep the front stock?

Also, it seems like my tire pressure keeps messing up, I'll have both tires on my passenger side be weirdly high, at maybe 37/43, while I filled them at 33/37 while the drivers side would be lower than where I had filled them. Could the shock going out be a contributing factor?

Edit: I've also seen a few old threads around 2011 saying that FSD's were no longer well-made from the box, like low quality? Would Bilsteins be better?

Thank you all.
    1991 E30 Alpinweiß 325iX [SOLD]
    2005 E46 Sparkling Graphite Metallic 330Ci ZHP 6spd

Koni is still a good choice. Either the koni yellow I'd you want adjustability for the dampening or the koni active (replacement for the fsd)

Replacement should be done on all 4 corners.

Btw make sure the rear springs are not broken. This is a common issue.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

That's odd about the tire pressure. Please make sure you add air and check pressure when the tires are cold.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Koni is still a good choice. Either the koni yellow I'd you want adjustability for the dampening or the koni active (replacement for the fsd)

Replacement should be done on all 4 corners.

Btw make sure the rear springs are not broken. This is a common issue.

Thanks! Is replacing all four necessary if I swap over to Koni? Or would I only need to do the rears if I was staying stock?

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    That's odd about the tire pressure. Please make sure you add air and check pressure when the tires are cold.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dano516 View Post
    Thanks! Is replacing all four necessary if I swap over to Koni? Or would I only need to do the rears if I was staying stock?
    Shocks should always be replaced in pairs. If you are just going for a factory replacement then you can just do the front or rear but ideally all 4 should be replaced

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Shocks should always be replaced in pairs. If you are just going for a factory replacement then you can just do the front or rear but ideally all 4 should be replaced

Sounds about right.

Actually though, upon taking another look today, during the hot daytime, it seems as if my suspension leveled out, and the passenger side is not sagging. This probably still means a blown shock, right?

Just a heads-up, Koni is having 20% off sale (link) right now.