Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There is a fuse in the glove box area that controls the fan speed. We had a FSR fail by running when the car was turned off, draining/killing the battery. Pulled the fuse until the new FSR arrived. Look at fuse #28/5A & #50/40A.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

isn't the FSR the thing that was causing all those fires on e46fanantics? I recall going through a alarming number of those posts a few years ago. If it is the FSR get it changed ASAP.

BTW, I keep a tiny battery jumper pack in my trunk and it has saved me a few times, as well as being able to help people without risking my car hooking up jumper cables to theirs. totally worth it. They sell them at costco, etc for not very much money.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Had not heard about fires, but those little jumper boxes now are amazing. Compact and powerful.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Can you guys send me link or model of the pack you're using?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Had not heard about fires, but those little jumper boxes now are amazing. Compact and powerful.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...1030759/page-2

Here are some examples mixed in with the thread. There are more but reading stuff like this made me paranoid for a hot second and is what made me start doing my own research. I think one of the main pre fire symptoms is the fan runs even when the car is off and asleep. Hopefully the OP figures out the issue.

My car, which has a pretty fresh battery, will sit for 3-4 weeks at a time and still start right up.

Dathaeus, I bought a PowerAll battery pack in 2014, but it still works (it looks like amazon sells it as a 2 pack these days). Just need to take it out of the trunk and charge it up every 4-6 months to keep it topped up. I jumped my tenants car just last week with it. pretty impressive. Amazon and Costco sell a few different kinds though. Im sure there are other quality brands if you look at the ratings/read the reviews.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Here's the one I use. You can find it cheaper online. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...-starts/xp-10/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB40-Ult...5-4be35d7258cc

Goes on sale a lot. I usually get it around 70ish or less. One thing is that you got to check if it works and stuff right away cause there are duds sometimes. You could also measure it while it off the car, as long as it's > 12v, then it's good. But it works well for all the cars that I've used it on.

I guess those that plug into the lighter port don't really work?

__________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I guess those that plug into the lighter port don't really work?

They do, but it just depends on the car. For most of the BMWS E46 and up\, I have always used the jump starter points under the hood for the trunk directly.

I have one of these permanently attached to the jumper spots:
    https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GBC007-A...%2C201&sr=8-32

So I could plug in the the tender/charger to it. I also use that same connection to plug my jumper pack into it if I need a jump.

You could do a similar set up but with a cigarette lighter adapter instead lol Just get a female one and hook it up to the battery and fish it through the firewall on the passenger side and stick it in the glove box. It's hidden, now you have this extra source of power. And you just plug the solar charger into it. You can do it from the trunk too, but that's an extremely long wire run to get to the front.

something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/2699006490-H0...b-8a79de2d236f

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12