Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    love to know more about the adapter plates for M3 mirrors. i made my own as well but not with the brass inserts. i took a picture with my phone of the inside area of the M3 mirror internal bracket and used photoshop to make hard outlines and used tinkercad to make a file. getting the holes just perfectly oriented was a pain because i found that just being even .5 to 1 degree off would cause the glass to be terrible off center.

love your implementation and glad someone finally got their base plates up and ready for sale. i was always bugged to get them out and i never had anymore time to work on them.

put me down for a set of yours as well because i love the brass inserts on them.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    love to know more about the adapter plates for M3 mirrors. i made my own as well but not with the brass inserts. i took a picture with my phone of the inside area of the M3 mirror internal bracket and used photoshop to make hard outlines and used tinkercad to make a file. getting the holes just perfectly oriented was a pain because i found that just being even .5 to 1 degree off would cause the glass to be terrible off center.

love your implementation and glad someone finally got their base plates up and ready for sale. i was always bugged to get them out and i never had anymore time to work on them.

put me down for a set of yours as well because i love the brass inserts on them.
    Those are heat-set inserts you actually install with a soldering iron - hold the tip on the insert and it locally softens the plastic, allowing you to push it in. It's a godsend with having fasteners in 3D printed parts.

If yours are plastic, as long as your holes aren't too big then you may be able to still install the inserts into your existing plates
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Calling Sergy!! I need your assistance

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    ... getting the holes just perfectly oriented was a pain because i found that just being even .5 to 1 degree off would cause the glass to be terrible off center.
    Not a great picture but the mirrors came out centered very well in the mirror housing using Sergy痴 plates.

I知 sure Sergy could post better quality pictures showing how well the mirrors are centered, I did not think about taking pictures of the mirrors themselves once installed...

I知 looking forward to getting this done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good evening

I知 interested in a set of the mirror adapters.

PMing you now
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Not a great picture but the mirrors came out centered very well in the mirror housing using Sergy痴 plates.

I知 sure Sergy could post better quality pictures showing how well the mirrors are centered, I did not think about taking pictures of the mirrors themselves once installed...

I知 looking forward to getting this done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hi Charlie, just noticed that you tagged me here. I am out of state, but I will post a couple of pictures of how mirror glass is positioned with respect to the housing.
    It is pretty centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    Good evening

I知 interested in a set of the mirror adapters.

PMing you now
    Got you PM. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Hi Charlie, just noticed that you tagged me here. I am out of state, but I will post a couple of pictures of how mirror glass is positioned with respect to the housing.
    That explains why you have not responded to my texts Sergy. Hope you and Alla are having a great time with family and friends over the holidays!!!

PM Sent
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    PM Sent
    Thank you George. I responded back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PMd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast