Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Need to Replace My Shocks!

So I have to replace all four of my shocks, I'm wondering what brand people recommend for a comfy daily ride, but aggressive when I need it to be. I have an e30, and the two good shock options I know of are Bilstein and Koni, but I don't know if those brands translate over to e46s and are still good options. Let me know what you guys recommend!

Thanks, Matt

I'm about to do this too. I don't need to lower my car any further so I'm keeping stock springs (they look good still), and going for the magic Koni yellow struts + shocks.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

You can't go wrong with Sachs Advantage. If you are looking for an upgrade in both comfort and performance, look at the Koni Special Active.
    Last edited by Galapolis; 07-07-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

There are many threads in the Suspension section - check it out!
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...?99-Suspension
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Koni Special Actives are very popular, as are the Koni Yellows (adjustable, slightly firmer/more aggressive than the SA's). the SA's are the evolution of the FSD's which were popular for a number of years.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Depends what your budget and use case is. I have Bilstein B4s in my car which from what I've read online, are about 10% stiffer than stock, and are an excellent OE-like replacement. But for what I use my car for, I really regret not spending a bit extra and getting Koni Yellows
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Depends what your budget and use case is. I have Bilstein B4s in my car which from what I've read online, are about 10% stiffer than stock, and are an excellent OE-like replacement. But for what I use my car for, I really regret not spending a bit extra and getting Koni Yellows
    What’s the difference with the Koni yellows form the B4s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by e46.matt View Post
    What’s the difference with the Koni yellows form the B4s?

The Konis have adjustable damping, allowing you to tune the damping to your specific spring rate (if aftermarket springs), and you can change settings for street/track. I believe the Yellows also have higher damping rates than the B4s.

So when I look up the Koni Special Active shocks on ECSTuning there are two options, ones that fit cars with sport suspension and without sport suspension. Which one go I get if I have a ZHP coupe?

Quote Originally Posted by e46.matt View Post
    So when I look up the Koni Special Active shocks on ECSTuning there are two options, ones that fit cars with sport suspension and without sport suspension. Which one go I get if I have a ZHP coupe?

Sports suspension, as all ZHPs had them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast