Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Startup/Warning Door Chime Mod/Retrofit

I finished my chime retrofit project today. Well, for the time being at least Basically, I've replaced the E46 chime/beep that comes from a pietzo buzzer mounted behind the instrument cluster with the ability to play a .wav file through the car's front speakers. In this case, I used a sound clip taken from the 2019+ year BMW's. Any and all of the original chime is replaced with the new one. That includes the "hey it's 37 degrees out" warning which never fails to startle the hell out of me.

At any rate, my goal for the project was to introduce some new element to the car without doing something that had been done countless times before. I'd experimented with hiding smallish speakers behind the dash, but even after running sound through various LP filters, it still sounded quite bad. So I decided to go the extra mile and pipe the sound through the door speakers which resulted in a far nicer sound. Everything is "bolt on" and can easily be reverted to the factory setup. No spliced factory harnesses. I might swap this chime out for the E90 chime if I find a clean sound file.

Yes, it took entirely too long to figure out and work the bugs out of, for such a small cosmetic change. But I learned a ton about how the car works, and I'm not doing anything more important these days anyway. Excessive yes, but also a hugely fun project.

Video below!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wSA...ew?usp=sharing
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Wow, cool project! Do you have a DIY to post?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, cool project! Do you have a DIY to post?

Do you think it could be worth a DIY? I might put one together.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Do you think it could be worth a DIY? I might put one together.
    I don’t know if I’d be worth it or not, but if you posted a DIY I’d definitely do it because that’s such a cool retrofit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be very interested to try this. I would use a clip from my fav song.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Cool project. But I hate the warning chime sound lol Went out of my way to code it out on the M240i lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Cool project. But I hate the warning chime sound lol Went out of my way to code it out on the M240i lol
    Fun fact: I've never heard a single beep from my car since the PO of my car coded all of them out. I'm so glad my car came that way, whenever I get into any other car and it beeps at me when the door is open, or if the seatbelt is not buckled, I get mildly annoyed
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)