Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Parts source?

Parts source?

Some of you may be aware that I purchased an 06 IR/Black 6MT vert from a less than honest dealer last year. I've had the paint professionally corrected, correct battery installed, fautly pump replaced, scratched up interior parts replaced (door pull and cup holder), and she looks very good now. The two things I would like to locate are the nav screen, which has a small swath of dead pixels, and the factory books, which were missing even though they were promised at purchase.

I'm encouraged by the recent BaT sale and I plan on putting it up for sale soon, and those two items would be nice to include. Any thoughts on sources?

Thanks

40,464 mi currently

Wow, that's low miles. My factory NAV also has dead pixels. There are some companies that provide repair service, but I never tried them. For example:

https://www.germanaudiotech.com/prod...gation-monitor

You can find used manuals on ebay, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-BMW-32...cAAOSw5ZBc0Kan

Good luck.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks Fredo. I've been keeping an eye on ebay, but finding the books for the convertible seems impossible. Do you know if there was anything specific to the ZHP in the literature bundle?

I believe the books cover all the e46 non-M3 models. For example, the tire pressure chart includes size 18.

Edit: my bad, I posted link to e90 books above.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

It appears there are Coupe and Convertible specific books. There's a complete set from an 05, but mine's an 06. Is there any difference in the two model years as far as operation/instructions? How much would that matter to a buyer?

Cheers

I think there's no difference between 2005 and 2006 convertibles. The only thing to consider is pre-LCI vs LCI (Life Cycle Impulse). That's when the models get some updates, mostly cosmetic. Both 2005 and 2006 have the LCI updates.

As a buyer, I would be very happy to receive books with the car even if there's one year difference.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thank you! Now a clean Nav screen is all I need...

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I think there's no difference between 2005 and 2006 convertibles. The only thing to consider is pre-LCI vs LCI (Life Cycle Impulse). That's when the models get some updates, mostly cosmetic. Both 2005 and 2006 have the LCI updates.

As a buyer, I would be very happy to receive books with the car even if there's one year difference.
    Agree, no difference between 05 and 06

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture