Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wow, surprise some of you have already transitioned/tried the EV... not much love for the Tesla though huh... That acceleration for the price though, crazy!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

I'm interested on the i3. My mechanic bought a new one some years ago, he said they wanted to get familiar with the technology. Maybe some day I will join the fun.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

you can give it a short term try here:

https://www.swapalease.com/lease/BMW/i3/search.aspx
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Wow, surprise some of you have already transitioned/tried the EV... not much love for the Tesla though huh... That acceleration for the price though, crazy!
    Yeah, but their build quality is very inconsistent, granted they're getting much better. They're certainly cool cars though, but I can't stand the HMI in the 3/Y. I need physical buttons for HVAC at the minimum.

I'm with most of y'all, nothing will replace the E46. I wouldn't mind an EV as a daily in addition to the E46, just because running costs are so much lower. I haven't put too much thought into what I'd get, since that depends on what my budget would be if I was to get one. Perhaps I may make my own instead, one of my old colleagues converted an E46 into an EV
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Yeah, but their build quality is very inconsistent, granted they're getting much better. They're certainly cool cars though, but I can't stand the HMI in the 3/Y. I need physical buttons for HVAC at the minimum.

I'm with most of y'all, nothing will replace the E46. I wouldn't mind an EV as a daily in addition to the E46, just because running costs are so much lower. I haven't put too much thought into what I'd get, since that depends on what my budget would be if I was to get one. Perhaps I may make my own instead, one of my old colleagues converted an E46 into an EV
    Wow no way... Did you learn if he made a video about it, and how hard it was, or how hard that is for a regular owner to do with limited mechanic experience?

Just seeing if that's an extreme outlier solution or with a little elbow grease, can anyone with a little talent do it.

Hankook Ventus V12

Wow no way... Did you learn if he made a video about it, and how hard it was, or how hard that is for a regular owner to do with limited mechanic experience?

Just seeing if that's an extreme outlier solution or with a little elbow grease, can anyone with a little talent do it.

FWIW we were both working at Tesla at the time lol. Converting a car to EV isn't exactly the most straightforward process, especially with the way he did it.

The easiest way to do it would be to buy a complete kit, such as this one. Even then, as a one-man operation with someone extremely mechanically competent (they wouldn't blink at removing & reinstalling an engine, for example) it would likely take months of work. Especially since custom fab would be required to mechanically integrate it to the car.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    FWIW we were both working at Tesla at the time lol. Converting a car to EV isn't exactly the most straightforward process, especially with the way he did it.

The easiest way to do it would be to buy a complete kit, such as this one. Even then, as a one-man operation with someone extremely mechanically competent (they wouldn't blink at removing & reinstalling an engine, for example) it would likely take months of work. Especially since custom fab would be required to mechanically integrate it to the car.
    Haha yea, well, that's a no LOL...

I'll just save up for a used Model S as a second car, I think I'll always need an ICE for a whole until I get too old to care.

Hankook Ventus V12

My problem with Tesla is that even if they were the best cars in the world, I'll still never buy one one as long as that company has the shitty attitude about right-to-repair in the same way that Apple does. They make it almost impossible for regular folks to repair their own Teslas, and Tesla can disable stuff on a whim whenever they feel like it if they feel you're violating the terms of whatever agreement they think you're violating. This whole car-as-a-service crap really pisses me off, and it annoys me that the Germans are now following suit. Once we buy a car, it should be OURS to do with however we please.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

If I needed to pull the trigger today, it would be a white i3 like this one.

Name:  i3.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  52.3 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

That’s what I have over dark truffle (brown) leather. I just washed and waxed mine - will snap a few photos later if I remember.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast