Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Durability of real carbon fiber trim vs. carbon fiber wrap

You know, I was thinking you were in the EU before lol Because you were concerned with VAT. We don't pay the VAT in the US. They shouldn't charge you the VAT. I'm not sure how their trim pieces look cosmetically. But the door cards that I have seen from them had a lot of weave imperfections especially around the bends. Nothing too crazy, but it's noticeable if you look. But their CSL airbox looked perfect. I'm talking about Karbonius.

I don't think I know of any other one. But since the trims are cosmetic for the most part, I'm more concerned about the epoxy/clear coat used and the way the weave looks vs. the minimal weight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    You know, I was thinking you were in the EU before lol Because you were concerned with VAT. We don't pay the VAT in the US. They shouldn't charge you the VAT. I'm not sure how their trim pieces look cosmetically. But the door cards that I have seen from them had a lot of weave imperfections especially around the bends. Nothing too crazy, but it's noticeable if you look. But their CSL airbox looked perfect. I'm talking about Karbonius.

I don't think I know of any other one. But since the trims are cosmetic for the most part, I'm more concerned about the epoxy/clear coat used and the way the weave looks vs. the minimal weight savings.

I did not realize US purchasers did not pay VAT. That change the economics, although duties do apply.

Did you directly see the Karnonius door cards as opposed to images? I am looking at the 8-piece trim set for my ZHP.

I received a reply from NVD Autosport describing their manufacturing process. In essence, the same process as Rogue.

Dear: Sir

We can do the under value invoice so that you do not need to pay the import tax in USA.

Our production process starts from:

1. prepare the core parts ==> clean + prepare the surface+ put in the heating room for 1-2 days to make sure that the surface is completely dry

2. Laminate the real carbon fiber sheet + put in room temp for few days then put in the heating room again

3. Coating with our in house coating formula 3 - 4 layers ( each layers will have a time break) ==> put in the room temp for few days then put in the heating room again

4. do the finishing touch

Please let us know.

Thank you
    Prapan
    www.NvdAutoSport.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123