Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    So I just found a note I made for a place that I would use if I ever needed to replace my silver CF trim (due to damage or whatever). I used to work on a lot of Audi's and came across his work. He was a guy working out of his garage at the time, but the quality was top notch from the stuff I handled. I remember that he didn't offer E46 trims at the time, so I would have to do a custom order. He uses a wet lay or laminating process so you'll have to send in your trims to him.

https://ocarbon.com/

I just looked at the site, damn there's so much more stuff now lol Glad they are still around. The hexagon CF looks good. I want that now lol

edit:
    this not look good or what? lol
    https://ocarbon.com/collections/audi...oneycomb-black

That does look good!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    So I just found a note I made for a place that I would use if I ever needed to replace my silver CF trim (due to damage or whatever). I used to work on a lot of Audi's and came across his work. He was a guy working out of his garage at the time, but the quality was top notch from the stuff I handled. I remember that he didn't offer E46 trims at the time, so I would have to do a custom order. He uses a wet lay or laminating process so you'll have to send in your trims to him.

https://ocarbon.com/

I just looked at the site, damn there's so much more stuff now lol Glad they are still around. The hexagon CF looks good. I want that now lol

edit:
    this not look good or what? lol
    https://ocarbon.com/collections/audi...oneycomb-black
    I had identified OCarbon but I did not pursue since they did not list the E46. I'll contact them to see if interest exists for producing E46 trim.

Another carbon fiber trim source is Dinman https://www.dinmann.com/, although they do not list the E46 as a product offering. I'll contact them as well to see if they have interest in producing an E46 trim set.

Quote Originally Posted by Satcho View Post
    I had identified OCarbon but I did not pursue since they did not list the E46. I'll contact them to see if interest exists for producing E46 trim.
    They do custom work. So if it's not on there, you just contact them. That's how they originally started. I'm pretty sure for the E46, it'll be like the E36 so they will use your core.

Thanks for the ocarbon link, I sent a message as well inquiring about E46 sedan trim. Hopefully they can do it, looks like great work at a VERY reasonable price. That hex pattern is cool, never seen that.

Edit: wooooooo, that reflex purple carbon weave got me in my feels...........so pretty.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Matt at ocarbon got back to me and said that they CAN do E46 trim but can only do overlay work on WOOD TRIM
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Matt at ocarbon got back to me and said that they CAN do E46 trim but can only do overlay work on WOOD TRIM
    Here is OCarbon's email response...

Hi Matthew,

We can, and we have in the past. But the E46 is a tricky one. We would need wood core trim pieces to work with, as we have run into quality issues trying to turn some of the E46 plastic trim pieces into carbon. I don't want to sell products that could potentially have issues, so I'd only be able to make something if the pieces you wanted done were the much more sturdy wood pieces.

Thankfully the wood pieces can be found pretty cheap. Looks like these are the same set is under $100 (there are probably even cheaper sets, I just don't have a ton of time to check right now). But I'm also pretty sure some E46s have different wood pieces, including some door pulls:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-OEM...IAAOSwsvVd-aGO

So pricing is really going to depend on which pieces you'd want done and if you're able to send us your trim or at very least have us buy used wood trim on eBay on your behalf and add it to the price. I suspect pricing on the carbon is going to run $600-800, depending on which pieces you'd want and if you want any custom colors/fabrics.

So get me a little more info about which pieces of trim you want done, how you want to handle the core situation, and what fabric you'd like and I can get you a more detailed quote.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you'd like to setup an order.

Cheers,

--
    Matt Johnson
    Owner
    oCarbon.com

I am moving forward with oCarbon especially after Matt sent over some pics of the last E46 set he did.
    Name:  FireShot Capture 165 - Matt on Instagram_ “Our first e46 M3 set of carbon trim in a while. N_ - .png
Views: 426
Size:  423.8 KB
    Name:  FireShot Capture 171 - Matt on Instagram_ “One last one of the e46 M3 set. It's on it's way _ - .png
Views: 428
Size:  426.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ApexHitter View Post
    I am moving forward with oCarbon especially after Matt sent over some pics of the last E46 set he did.
    Name:  FireShot Capture 165 - Matt on Instagram_ “Our first e46 M3 set of carbon trim in a while. N_ - .png
Views: 426
Size:  423.8 KB
    Name:  FireShot Capture 171 - Matt on Instagram_ “One last one of the e46 M3 set. It's on it's way _ - .png
Views: 428
Size:  426.1 KB
    That looks spectacular! I am awaiting explanation of material choices and prices.

What were you quoted for the (what appears to be the 8 piece trim set) set? Were you provided a turn around time frame?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast