Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Stock
    Diameter: 68mm
    - standard butterfly
    - total nerd
    - not even engraved
    First, I feel personally attacked. You callin' my untattoo-ed, nerdy ass a standard butterfly? Ya basic.

Second, I won't be a guinea pig, but I'll be a lemming and follow people into abyss once it's been beta-tested.

Wsmeyer has an NLA BB TB in his ZHP, sold in small qtys by an individual who no longer makes them. Not sure the diameter, just wanted to complete your list of aftermarket TBs out there.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Notaniroc View Post
    I may be interested! No before dyno... but I am planning on having it dyno tuned at Tuning Tech FS sometime in the nearish future.

Mods:
    CAI down to the bumper with a 6" cone and velocity stack
    Ebay headers
    3" full exhaust with two resonators and a vibrant muffler (all straight through style)
    3.38 diff - soon to be 3.64
    Apex 17x9 with 245/40 (should make a slight dyno difference in tq at least due to less rotating mass and shorter ratio vs stock)

Also full disclosure it is a base 330ci non-ZHP
    Hey that sounds like a great setup! It would obviously help if you had zhp cams but I think you'll still be happy based on what other 330 owners have said. I was also planning to dyno tune at the same time and was going to pre-strip what I could from the engine bay to make it a quick swap (unfortunately not much). I figured I could explain what I wanted to do with the tuner and he could provide some suggestions on order of operations.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Hmmm Pizzaman, now you have me thinking... maybe I should pick up a junkyard TB to experiment on. I have access to a machine shop on campus, shouldn't be too hard to bore out the TB on the mill. And get a new plate either waterjet, or CNC milled. Only difficult thing would be setting the gap between the plate and the bore such that when it's closed, you have a similar enough pressure drop to stock such that the IACV has no problems maintaining idle
    Heck yeah tear it up! I have some videos of the process that I can send you. He used some special tools that I didn't recognize from my time around standard milling equipment. PM me and we'll work down this path of destruction together!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    First, I feel personally attacked. You callin' my untattoo-ed, nerdy ass a standard butterfly? Ya basic.

Second, I won't be a guinea pig, but I'll be a lemming and follow people into abyss once it's been beta-tested.
    Damn you always notice when I'm low-key calling you out...

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wsmeyer has an NLA BB TB in his ZHP, sold in small qtys by an individual who no longer makes them. Not sure the diameter, just wanted to complete your list of aftermarket TBs out there.

Oh yeah! I came across those in my research and was sad that he only made a few. Poor guy sounded like he really knew his stuff and wanted to make a cool part but the naysayer cretins just kept piling on. The Dinan and Riot parts are the only two that you can still purchase, so that's all I had to compare to for current options.

Hey that sounds like a great setup! It would obviously help if you had zhp cams but I think you'll still be happy based on what other 330 owners have said. I was also planning to dyno tune at the same time and was going to pre-strip what I could from the engine bay to make it a quick swap (unfortunately not much). I figured I could explain what I wanted to do with the tuner and he could provide some suggestions on order of operations.

Heck yeah tear it up! I have some videos of the process that I can send you. He used some special tools that I didn't recognize from my time around standard milling equipment. PM me and we'll work down this path of destruction together!

Damn you always notice when I'm low-key calling you out...

Oh yeah! I came across those in my research and was sad that he only made a few. Poor guy sounded like he really knew his stuff and wanted to make a cool part but the naysayer cretins just kept piling on. The Dinan and Riot parts are the only two that you can still purchase, so that's all I had to compare to for current options.
    Yup. GLW ur search/decision.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Has anyone reached out for Pizza TB? I may be interested, I only have a GruppeM intake but I’d like some more throttle response as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Has anyone reached out for Pizza TB? I may be interested, I only have a GruppeM intake but I’d like some more throttle response as well lol

I'm right here bby....

I haven't had a chance to pull my stock TB out for comparison but I did grab some pics of one of the big bore bois:

I just got laid off so should have some [plenty] of time to get this car back together and test these things in the next few weeks. Also confirmed the $250 shipped price for mafia bros (y'all always get a little bit better deal than the others).

I'm right here bby....

I haven't had a chance to pull my stock TB out for comparison but I did grab some pics of one of the big bore bois:

I just got laid off so should have some [plenty] of time to get this car back together and test these things in the next few weeks. Also confirmed the $250 shipped price for mafia bros (y'all always get a little bit better deal than the others).
    Wow, the surface finish on the inner bore looks very good!

Also damn that sucks... well yeah, on the upside at least you can finally get your car on the road, after what, like 5 months?
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Also damn that sucks... well yeah, on the upside at least you can finally get your car on the road, after what, like 5 months?
    Has it been that long already? Was Pizzaman just using his Chevrolegs in the meantime?
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I'm right here bby....

Interested to see what your thoughts are after installing and believe me I know all about getting laid off, Covid-19 has really put a dampener on any plans for anything car related for me too but I’m happy to spend money on a mod I can feel. I still have some stett intake boots to install on my car so that can happen at the same time should I pull the trigger!

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Wow, the surface finish on the inner bore looks very good!

Yeah I still don't recognize the tool used but I'll attach a video that he sent me. Looks like it was a fast cutting speed but veeeeery slowly creeping down the barrel.

And yes, I'm not exactly upset about it as I was ready to leave and take some time off to finish the car and do some volunteer work. 5 months indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Has it been that long already? Was Pizzaman just using his Chevrolegs in the meantime?
    I've been driving the wife's wagon as she's been working from home or, when that blew a PS hose, the old VW that we keep parked on the street. Not exactly safe to drive, but it fires right up everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Interested to see what your thoughts are after installing and believe me I know all about getting laid off, Covid-19 has really put a dampener on any plans for anything car related for me too but I’m happy to spend money on a mod I can feel. I still have some stett intake boots to install on my car so that can happen at the same time should I pull the trigger!

Oooh yeah that'd be a good combo. I have almost no butt dyno sensitivity so if I feel anything it'll be throttle response. Will keep you posted!

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5f32eb91...820-WA0001.mp4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast