Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Curious what the ask price was on this one. Of course I missed it in the middle of moving houses....would have been a good one to look at as i'm looking for a IR 6MT Sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by beast02er View Post
    Curious what the ask price was on this one. Of course I missed it in the middle of moving houses....would have been a good one to look at as i'm looking for a IR 6MT Sedan!
    Ask price was $11,500 and very active.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    NachoB, that's big news ... congrats on your IR !

I believe these are the Sachs part numbers for ZHP shocks/struts:

Front Left = 290-949
    Front Right =290-950
    Rear x2 = 556-882

Do you have the Sachs Boge MTechnik II part numbers ? I wonder if they are different.

Edit: I read your post above. Please tell us what you find.
    Dang, Dang Dang... I was hoping to be wrong and save some dough.... Just drove 1500 miles in 4 days through mountain roads along 1 and 101 in Oregon and California with my son. Sorry FSD shocks just not up to snuff to the OE Sachs bespoke shocks. Just too "floaty" especially on mountain roads. I can tell a little softer and slightly less harsh than sachs but not confidence inspiring in the twisties. They have 9K miles on them too. Really bummed about that. I have to recover the budget a bit and not driving much anyway but they will have to go. No point in owning a ZHP that drives like a 325i in the twisties. If I swap them I'll look you guys up since you like them and maybe you can have a free spare set. : ) Now the real fun is finding out from Sachs which valving they used for their new combo shock for both Sport and M Technik?? I will write them and see what htey say. Hopefully they used the ZHP valving for both not the sport valving.

Galapolis has more info about Sachs Advantage here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...CE-SUSPENSION)
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Galapolis has more info about Sachs Advantage here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...CE-SUSPENSION)
    hah, thank you. So here is the latest info. I have contacted ZF that now owns Sachs but after climbing climbing under my car it appears that Sachs did have the same struts and shocks for the ZCP and ZHP packages. I have confirmed that the Sachs Boge in my blue ZHP are in fact Sachs Super Touring 900-949 and 90-950 in the front and the rear shocks are Super Touring 556-882 with the blue labels. So my apologies to anyone here.

With that clarified, these are far superior to the 1 year old Koni FSDs on this red ZHP. They are fine but too floaty when canyon carving. The Sachs are much more a composed although firmer in compression and rebound. So I will go back to those. I also the rear part numbers listed Fredo, thank you. If I hear differently from ZF I will let you know. I think what happened is they used to list M-Tehnik in their catalog separately but had the same part number. And the wrong parts I received several times for comfort shocks. My bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    hah, thank you. So here is the latest info. I have contacted ZF that now owns Sachs but after climbing climbing under my car it appears that Sachs did have the same struts and shocks for the ZCP and ZHP packages. I have confirmed that the Sachs Boge in my blue ZHP are in fact Sachs Super Touring 900-949 and 90-950 in the front and the rear shocks are Super Touring 556-882 with the blue labels. So my apologies to anyone here.

With that clarified, these are far superior to the 1 year old Koni FSDs on this red ZHP. They are fine but too floaty when canyon carving. The Sachs are much more a composed although firmer in compression and rebound. So I will go back to those. I also the rear part numbers listed Fredo, thank you. If I hear differently from ZF I will let you know. I think what happened is they used to list M-Tehnik in their catalog separately but had the same part number. And the wrong parts I received several times for comfort shocks. My bad!!
    I think you will find this thread VERY INTERESTING: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...CE-SUSPENSION)

Also thank you for sharing your experience with the FSD. I had been told that they would be a little soft for spirited driving. If even the Super Touring is that much better than the FSD, I can't wait to feel what the Advantage will feel like.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

For a sportier ride more in line with the stock suspension, I always thought koni yellows were the choice and not FSDs. Love my yellows. A lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    - Marc

Koni yellows and factory springs do provide a nice sporty ride.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Koni yellows and factory springs do provide a nice sporty ride.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I know a handful of people have the Koni Special Active, have people done direct comparisons with the older FSDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I think you will find this thread VERY INTERESTING: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...CE-SUSPENSION)

Also thank you for sharing your experience with the FSD. I had been told that they would be a little soft for spirited driving. If even the Super Touring is that much better than the FSD, I can't wait to feel what the Advantage will feel like.
    Thanks, yeah, I just did the entire 101 and 1 from Oregon to San Diego all mountain roads and mostly two lane stuff. The FSD is soft and floaty and I'm sure better than a work stock suspension but it doesn't feel as good as the stock Sachs Super Touring to me, especially in the mountains. I am really picky about suspensions too after many years of autocrossing and just owning good handling cars. I have a BMW 1M that is very nice but I am in love with the ZHP Stock suspension. It is sooo good. I feel it is a masterpiece and the best balance ever between sportiness without being too harsh. I have owned some great cars from my 1980 Scirocco S with Tokico Adjustables, Mk 1 GTI and GLIs, the original Sentra SE-R, sport package E46s, 1M but the ZHP tops them all in my humble opinion and the best road suspension in a sports sedan for daily driving. Again, I have no reason to put Koni down, I'm a big fan of Koni and I own the car now with brand new ones. Just owning two stock ZHPs and driving them side by side makes things stand out more. The SuperTouring is the bomb.

Thank you all and again my apologies for being wrong about part numbers...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast