Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I like this one. Don't ask me why.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I wonder why ..... Lol

Looks clean to me

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Looks clean to me
    Yeah I emailed him sounds like he's taken good care of it

Quote Originally Posted by AjR89 View Post
    Yeah I emailed him sounds like he's taken good care of it
    The ZHP had a bespoke exhaust yet they put the BMW Performance which is basically a cut away version of the ZHP and they replace the amazing M-Teknic II bespoke ZHP suspension with Koni..... That suspension was genius and what made the ZHP the best handling daily driver in the world. 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    The ZHP had a bespoke exhaust yet they put the BMW Performance which is basically a cut away version of the ZHP and they replace the amazing M-Teknic II bespoke ZHP suspension with Koni..... That suspension was genius and what made the ZHP the best handling daily driver in the world. 2 cents.
    Sounds like you're not a fan of those mods? IMO the BMWP exhaust and Koni FSDs are both tasteful mods that are an excellent addition to the car.

ZHP dampers are just standard ZSP dampers, nothing special. I can't speak to the internals of the BMWP exhaust, but at least from the outside, the mufflers look completely different.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Sorry for someone on this forum, I figured you would know. No. The ZHP struts where not regular sport shocks, they were bespoke and listed by Sachs Boge as MTecnik II. The problem is that many parts people don't know that, they think the MTechnik was for M3 so they send out the sport shocks regularly by mistake. This is made worse because aftermarket companies make a model to replace the regular and the sport. If you look at the Sachs Boge you will see they made a special set of shocks. If this was not a ZHP forum I wouldn't say anything but people here should know IMHO. The shocks were an amazing balance between firmness yet comfortable for daily use. That is what made the ZHP such a hit with Car and Driver etc.

T.er, I looked up Sachs to get the part numbers for reference and sadly you appear correct. It appears that Sachs is no longer making the blue decal ZHP specific shocks. They make one now that says for MTechnik and Sport Package. In the past there were three separate models with a different color decal that matched the blue decal on the zhp control arms. Boo. I'll have to reach out to Sachs and see what they used for valving.. the sport valving or the ZHP valving? Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    The BMW Performance exhaust definitely has a deeper sound than the stock ZHP exhaust, which BMW claimed gave an extra 5 HP at 6,000 RPM.

That said, I think exhaust note is in the ears of the beholder.

As for the suspension, as t.er said, it was the same as the non-ZHP sport suspension. The Sachs shocks are usually dead after 50k miles, so many choose to "upgrade" to something from Koni or other manufacturers. Depends on what your definition of "better" is, but a lot of people here believe aftermarket shocks/struts perform better than the factory Sachs units.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast