Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Smile My temp/rough USA Spec Install

So i installed it today...
    We need to make a longish trip soon, so I just wanted to have it functional and didn't worry about a perfect install, and I will improve upon the cabling in the cabin at a later point. In any case I wanted the USA Spec "brick" accessible at all costs, to change settings, etc. We almost never/hardly have backseat passengers when we drive the Bimmer or my Tbird, so keep in mind that the cabling is very temp., BUT I just wanted to have the thing working, main thing. I am planning to do some more "hiding" of cables around the back seat in the near future...

Here's how my quick/trial/temp/slightly ghetto install went:

I opened up the trunk trim (pried off the black tabs with a screw driver and pulled them out)
    (sorry forgot to take pics, but many pics available of this online)

then i located the cd changer wiring and connected the USA spec interconnect and routed the wire out of this little door:

I bent the bottom corner of the flap a little bit to accommodate the cable, and can comfortably close the flap, without putting much pressure on the cable at all..it's quite loose at the bottom, and the wire comes out easily.

Then I located this little "gap" by folding the passenger side rear seat, and easily put the cable into the cabin.

This is where it comes into the cabin (yeah I need to work on this part), this is the best place the cable can come out and the seat can be locked without pinching the cable. The cable is pretty thick and sturdy, btw. I have the excess length of cable snugly hidden under the rear passenger side floor mat (which keeps it in pretty good, as the floor mat is held firm by velcro to begin with)

This is where the USA spec dongle rests (temp) - between the side of the passenger seat and the flat side of the middle console i Just pushed it here for now, and it fits very snugly without scraping anything. I plan to mount it later to the side of the rear ashtray area (console side), or just here, OR the flat area below the rear ashtray door later.(double sided velcro will help)

Artist name and song title displayed correctly, and the SOUND QUALITY IS QUITE BRILLIANT - I have full steering wheel control, and direct ipod method also works correctly - All in all I am VERY happy
    changing of songs is VERY quick. All of this took about 30 Min.

I am VERY glad I did my research and went with USA SPEC over DICE - The USA Spec is built really well, and it worked perfect the FIRST time, no glitches, no problems, NOTHING, just plug and play. I never had to disconnect the battery either.

Now I have to create some playlists...
    Last edited by Washburn; 11-15-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Route it through here,,,,

Or here....

I think passenger side will be easiest. May wanna give Delmarco a call....

Glad it worked and you are happy....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks
    I hope to "complete" the job @ some point...I just didn't want to disassemble the seats and to be honest i don't know how and was a bit worried about it...looks like you removed part of th seat and door trim ?? I bet it looks neat when installed...I just didn't want to be that extensive i guess. But I will definitely improve on what I have and will contact Delmarco and/or you about it
    Last edited by Washburn; 11-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

It is very easy to pop those two pieces of you seat out. Full description in the coilover diy...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim