Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jake's 2005 ZHP project

I have been browsing FB marketplace much more than I should be lately and this is my latest impulse purchase. The ZHP has always intrigued me so I took the opportunity to purchase it. It's a 2005 Sparkling Grey Metallic 330ci 6 speed with about 143k miles. While this is my first ZHP I am not new to the BMW world.

I'd like to make this into my new daily so plans for it will mostly be restoring it mechanically to like new with OEM like parts. When I bought the car I knew it needed some usual things to include oil pan gasket and motor mounts. Diving further into it after I bought it revealed a couple more things like a small water pump leak, leaking oil filter housing gasket and a tensioner pulley that was not happy. I replaced just the pulley until my full belt/pulley/tensioners refresh kit comes in. Taking a quick look around underneath I also discovered it had a resonator delete, RTAB limiters and some aftermarket poly FCABs.

The first wave of parts have been ordered and include;
    -spark plugs
    -oil pan gasket/dip stick o-ring
    -drilled oil pump nut
    -oil filter housing kit
    -motor mounts
    -belt/pulley/tensioner kit
    -cabin filter
    -fuel filter
    -water pump
    -Z4M FCABs
    -hood struts
    -Liqui Moly 5W30
    -Liqui Moly 75W90 diff fluid
    -Ravenol 75W80 transmission fluid

For good measure here's some other E46s I currently own.

My 2000 323i touring. I wasn't planning to purchase this (FB marketplace ) but wanted to S54 swap it and that plan was later scrapped so I'll likely be letting it go after I get some things done on it.

Untitled by jake ellegard, on Flickr

My 2002 E46 M3. A buddy and I drove to St Louis to get this after getting a text that he was finally ready to sell it after previously listing it for sale and keeping it. I was so excited! This is my fifth E46 M3 and likely a keeper as I have always lusted after LSB (before it was cool). It's SMG, slick top, no nav, halogen lights and black manual non heated seats. All stock besides some eibach springs and RAC RG63 wheels. Honestly the way I would've specced it. Say what you will about SMG but I am one of the few that enjoy it. I do miss having a 6 speed at times but the ZHP filled the void.

Picking it up;

And onto what you actually clicked on for;

Air freshener has been removed

That's it for now. I'll continue to post updates as I can.

Nice stable you've got there! I'm actually here for what is potentially that Saturn SC sitting in the corner.

Welcome, sir. I believe that ZHP was listed in San Marcos ... yes ? I live in Austin, BTW.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice stable you've got there! I'm actually here for what is potentially that Saturn SC sitting in the corner.
    Thanks! I don’t blame you.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Welcome, sir. I believe that ZHP was listed in San Marcos ... yes ? I live in Austin, BTW.
    Thanks! It was on FB marketplace and the seller was from Belton. I’m in Cedar Park!

Got some time to work on the ZHP and wagon recently. The ZHP got a new water pump, belts, pulleys, tensioners, spark plugs, hood struts and cabin air filter and the wagon got new hood struts, oil filter housing gasket, sensors for the housing and vanos line. Both desperately need a thorough detail.

My workspace since I didn't feel like rearranging my driveway to get into the garge.

Parts that went on.

Midway through with the engine bay littered in tools since I didn't use my cart.

Coolant refilled with a pressure bleeder. I would definitely recommend getting one as it makes refilling a mess free breeze.

Old parts.

Some of the wagon.

Housing off and the area cleaned up a bit. Here you can see the heater coolant pipes have seen better days so those too will be replaced soon.

New gasket on. I replaced the vanos line and sensors when I reinstalled it so it would be easier to remove them. Everything was still very accessible.

More to follow.

Nice! Great fleet of e46s, too.

Thanks for documenting and sharing.

Nice work, man I love those vacuum coolant fillers. The E46 is relatively easy for bleeding but for cars that are very, very finnicky, the vacuum fillers are awesome
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Nice! Great fleet of e46s, too.

Thanks for documenting and sharing.
    Thanks! Helps me keep track of everything and I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Nice work, man I love those vacuum coolant fillers. The E46 is relatively easy for bleeding but for cars that are very, very finnicky, the vacuum fillers are awesome
    Thanks! Yeah, they're awesome. I originally got it for my X5M but use it on all of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Friday I'm planning to knock out those upper coolant pipes and a good amount of other maintenance on the wagon. I've recently acquired a longer commute with lots of traffic so I'd prefer to take the wagon and need to get it all sorted.

Maybe I missed it, but are you planning on replacing the DISA? or modifying yours with a G.A.S. unit?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast