Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but are you planning on replacing the DISA? or modifying yours with a G.A.S. unit?
    I will likely use the rebuild kit at some point.

I recently got some work done on the wagon to make it more reliable to commute with. All of this came about when I was doing the oil filter housing gasket and noticed the plastic coolant pipes under the intake manifold were beginning to turn brown. While it was back apart for that the usual "while I'm in there" things got replaced.

Things replaced in this round;
    -motor mounts
    -both plastic coolant pipes under manifold
    -full CCV along with various vacuum lines
    -intake manifold gaskets
    -throttle body gasket
    -belts/pulleys/tensioners
    -cabin filter
    -engine air filter
    -oil level sensor
    -oil change with Liqui Moly 5W-30
    -ICV cleaned
    -injectors cleaned and flow tested

Pulled my cart out to help prevent a huge tool mess in the engine bay.

Untitled by jake ellegard, on Flickr

Coming apart

Intake off exposing the pipes needing to be replaced.

Rotted plastic that had to be pulled out.

After replacing them I pressure tested the system and refilled to catch any potential surprises before reassembling.

After getting to this point there was a vacuum hose that didn't look too happy and was not part of the CCV kit so I had to order a new one and wait about a week before putting everything back together.

Various other vacuum lines replaced.

Injectors were looking pretty crusty and since I had to order parts anyways I had them cleaned and flow tested before being put back. I didn't take any afters but you can use your imagination to picture clean injectors.

Onto probably the most noticeable thing which was the engine mounts. I knew they were completely dead as the car would vibrate at idle but I've never pulled out a set like this before.

Most of the damage.

All back together still needing a detail.

Next up for the wagon will be diff mounts and Guibo followed by an entire power steering refresh to include lines, rack rebuild and pump.

On another note, the ZHP's passenger window decided it no longer wants to go up so it's being garaged until I feel like messing with it.

Nice, a lot of good maintenance done there! Did you rent or do you own the motor support bar?

Lots of work done, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpower04 View Post

On another note, the ZHP's passenger window decided it no longer wants to go up so it's being garaged until I feel like messing with it.
    Ooooooof, any symptoms or did it just completely stop? My passenger's side window goes down slower than the driver's, and doesn't go all the way down (~3 mm of the top of the glass sticks out). And when it's about halfway down it makes a slight click/crunch. But it's been like that for 5 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Good work! I just did engine and trans mounts on my 330ci, and they were somehow worse than yours:

I still need to do my CCV and intake manifold refresh, but that’ll happen further down the line.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice, a lot of good maintenance done there! Did you rent or do you own the motor support bar?
    Thanks! I bought it from harbor freight and have had to use it several times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Lots of work done, nice!

Ooooooof, any symptoms or did it just completely stop? My passenger's side window goes down slower than the driver's, and doesn't go all the way down (~3 mm of the top of the glass sticks out). And when it's about halfway down it makes a slight click/crunch. But it's been like that for 5 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Thanks! Only thing which may or may not be related is the day before it went the window wouldn't go down/up like it usually does when you open/close the door. The next day I went to roll it up when I got to the store and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyzabolotny View Post
    Good work! I just did engine and trans mounts on my 330ci, and they were somehow worse than yours:

I still need to do my CCV and intake manifold refresh, but that’ll happen further down the line.
    Thanks! Yeah, yours do seem to be worse. I'm surprised mine came out in one piece.

Great to see these cars getting some TLC!

2005 330ci ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Nicely done!
    Quote Originally Posted by E46Fan View Post
    Great to see these cars getting some TLC!
    Thanks!

A not so exciting update on the ZHP. I finally got the door panel off to see what was going on and it appears the regulator has had enough. I didn't take the regulator all the way out yet but I tested the motor and it works fine so here we are. After reading a bunch of different things online I'm going to give the Uro "premium" regulator a go as it's only $90 and has a three year warranty.

I got the Üro regulator too because I couldn't justify double the price for a genuine unit. Normally Üro makes terrible parts but it's not like the original ones are durable to begin with so what the heck. It's been fine for a couple of months now.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast