Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Window regulators, BMW's achilles heel. Anyone know who makes the OE part?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Window regulators, BMW's achilles heel. Anyone know who makes the OE part?
    Fabergé Egg Co.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

I think the original BMW ones say Brose, I think that's the brand that makes the regulators. Not sure who makes the motors though, probably Bosch or VDO if I had to guess.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

Good to get done though

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I got the Üro regulator too because I couldn't justify double the price for a genuine unit. Normally Üro makes terrible parts but it's not like the original ones are durable to begin with so what the heck. It's been fine for a couple of months now.
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good to get done though

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I suppose. My driver side squeals going up and down so I'll have to look into that side next.

I just went ahead with an OEM one. I figured if it was good enough to last 16 years, thats good enough for me. Price definitely hurts and I put it off until my passenger window would slide down on the highway

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I just went ahead with an OEM one. I figured if it was good enough to last 16 years, thats good enough for me. Price definitely hurts and I put it off until my passenger window would slide down on the highway
    If I had a sedan I'd be more tempted to go OEM but the price difference is too big not to try Uro on the coupe. Especially since I may have to buy another one for the driver side soon.

For what it's worth the Üro Premium regulators seem to hold up quite nicely. I've installed a lot of them in customer cars (E39, E46, E53) and haven't really had to do any warranties on them yet.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

I replaced mine with the OE regulator from FCP euro. It was less than $200 so didn’t bother with other versions. My original lasted 14 years, so figure that another OE one will outlast the car/me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

ZHP is still on the back burner but some interesting things have been goin on. I decided to start the rear subframe reinforcement on the LSB and I'll be swapping in the complete rear end out of another E46 M3 project I had. The assembly going in will have new upper/lower ball joints, new RTABs w/ limiters, TMS solid subframe bushings, TMS street camber arms, OE front diff bushing and I will be giving the E36 M3 rear diff bushings a shot. Its not nearly as clean as I would like it to be as the previous M3 it was supposed to live in cosmetics weren't a concern but I'm not tearing it apart again (right now) to get everything clean and recoated.

Old assembly out

Untitled by jake ellegard, on Flickr

"New" one that will go in.

Some before cleaning.

After a bit of cleaning. Overall, it was pretty clean with only a couple areas that will need to addressed before the plates get welded on.

This is why it's important to clean. You would likely not see this otherwise.

Thats where I'm at with that. Still need to get the plates and the gas tank cleaned.

Onto the next thing. The absolute last thing I need right now is another car but here it is. My buddy sent me a link to a car out of state on FB market place and after taking a look at it I had to have it as it had some really nice parts and was very cheap. It was being sold cheap due to an "engine noise". I'm not sure what the culprit is yet but it runs/drives. From briefly listening to it it sounds like a top end tapping/knock so I'll make sure the spark plugs are torqued and do an oil change as I imagine the oil in here is several years old. (previous owner said he had it for 3 years and almost never drove it)

Someone at some point really loved this car as you can see below. A binder of records/receipts was included that somehow made it to me after being passed through several owners since the guy that did all this. There were even copies of emails from ESS regarding the new supercharger he bought. This guy even printed out full color instructions of the install (and also had a dvd copy).

To summarize;
    2001 330ci, 5 speed, 143k miles
    BMW Perfomance strut brace
    BMW Performance intake
    ESS TS1 supercharger
    SSR 18'' GT3 wheels
    E46 M3 seats
    ZHP cluster?
    Full carbon trim set from EAS
    some kind of aftermarket sound system

Picking it up.

Back at home. (hood is not latched on the driver side because for some reason its interfering with the intake)

You can see here where the intake was slightly damaged from the hood hitting it.

Looks like it originally had red interior.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast