Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Catless headers for sedan, anyone selling?

About to invest in some headers for my 2005 ZHP sedan. Thinking about going with the Bimmerbrakes because I know they'll fit well. UNLESS someone has a set that worked for them that they're willing to part with? Don't really want to risk fitment with ebay ones. Thanks.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

I too made the decision to tell CARB to suck my tail pipe. I was trying to find bimmerbrakes v1 since they're supposed to be better than v3. I ended up with technik headers which are supposed be good and have easy fitment. Only problem is they missed a weld so there'd be an exhaust leak. But for $260 I'll find someone to weld to for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Showda711 View Post
    I too made the decision to tell CARB to suck my tail pipe. I was trying to find bimmerbrakes v1 since they're supposed to be better than v3. I ended up with technik headers which are supposed be good and have easy fitment. Only problem is they missed a weld so there'd be an exhaust leak. But for $260 I'll find someone to weld to for me.
    Good info, also I'd heard something similar about the V1's being better, any idea how? Performance, fitment? Also damn I'd kill to find a set of affordable technik headers, I think they became hard to find like 10 years ago
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Someone was selling a nice-ish looking eBay set for $75 and I jumped on them. We'll see how that goes!

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Good info, also I'd heard something similar about the V1's being better, any idea how? Performance, fitment? Also damn I'd kill to find a set of affordable technik headers, I think they became hard to find like 10 years ago
    It's the fitment. I have a brand new V1 sitting in a box. No idea when I'll get around to installing them lol

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    It's the fitment. I have a brand new V1 sitting in a box. No idea when I'll get around to installing them lol
    Well, it's been a fun journey thus far.

eBay headers with somehow far superior welds to BMW's very ugly ones: $75
    Genuine BMW replacement header studs, bolts, gaskets: $300

Getting the stock, VERY rusted headers out with nothing but a socket wrench and determination felt like a right of passage. 2/10 would not even think about doing ever again. Also holy f the prices for the OEM hardware is sickening.

EDIT: I'm gonna hijack my own thread here. realOEM lists part number 07129908122 (M7x55) as the header bolts..the ones that came in my ZHP are NOT 55mm, they are 42mm...which means they are likely part number 11121744057. humm weird
    Last edited by usinjin; 08-19-2020 at 11:56 PM.