Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I suppose it's theoretically possible, if unlikely, a spring broke during or immediately after the shock installation. I'd definitely pull those springs out and inspect. I had one break due to corrosion, and I gather it's a common issue with E46's.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I suppose it's theoretically possible, if unlikely, a spring broke during or immediately after the shock installation. I'd definitely pull those springs out and inspect. I had one break due to corrosion, and I gather it's a common issue with E46's.
    Hmm, i have not heard that one.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Hmm, i have not heard that one.

Name:  Screenshot (122).png
Views: 360
Size:  2.6 KB
Views: 290
Size:  28.2 KB

Damn Californians with their perfect climate and springs that never rust and fall to bits
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post

Damn Californians with their perfect climate and springs that never rust and fall to bits
    Too true.

I'm in Texas. When I was ready to buy my ZHP, I was looking at two options. A beautiful Imola Red 6MT from Bozeman Montana, and a Jet Black 5AT from Orlando Florida. The rest is history.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post

Lolol!

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Are the front springs seated correctly on the spring perch? The bottoms of the front spring is a triangular / oval shape which match (or clocked) with the triangular / oval of the spring perch. Maybe it's off.

Or, maybe the spring pads are missing on the shorter side of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    ...maybe the spring pads are missing on the shorter side of the car?
    Either missing or not seated right on either side. Will beat me to it.
    - Zach

I sure would like to hear the resolution on this.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

^ same.

Two more guesses:
    - Did you happen to replace the RTAB at the same time? If you did, just wondering if the RTAB bracket was installed at the correct orientation (I believe the plate should be 17mm above centerline of axle). This could push one side up or down.

- Are you measuring ride height on level ground? I thought my ride front left was 0.75" higher than my front right.... turned out it was due to my driveway slope.

I'm closing this thread out, OP posted answer in another thread (link):

Quote Originally Posted by usinjin View Post
    Thanks for asking--you know, I'm convinced it was something like 20% my imagination, even though I did measure and there was a considerable difference in wheel well clearance on either side--I removed both shocks, replaced both rear shock mounts, wrestled springs around on both sides to make sure they were in the same place, everything else looked symmetrical. It still was a little wonky, and I gave it up for the time being.

Checked again recently, and the back was even again. I guess it needed time to settle?
    Glad it is resolved, and it was nothing serious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast