Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    One other note from other ZKW/AL threads was that the ZKW lenses were better than the AL ones. I can't imagine that the ZKW lenses could improve on the light on the road from what I posted above. The light from the MM/AL light with the Osram bulb is fantastic. I will not bother to swap the ZKW lens into the AL housing.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    So here is the finished photos from the front.

The gap really can’t be seen if you don’t look for it but it will drive me crazy for a while.

I didn’t replace the headlight washer cover yet as my anal-retentive nature may make me try again to close the gap even though I am pretty sure there is no hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There should be little plastic rails on the headlight that the corner lights slide into that holds them tight against each other. From what I recall, you can remove the 1 corner light screw, take out the corner lights, and then slide it back in so they’re in the rails and there’s no gap. It’s pretty easy. I’ll take pics of mine if you need it.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    There should be little plastic rails on the headlight that the corner lights slide into that holds them tight against each other. From what I recall, you can remove the 1 corner light screw, take out the corner lights, and then slide it back in so they’re in the rails and there’s no gap. It’s pretty easy. I’ll take pics of mine if you need it.
    This isn't the issue. My corner light "hook" does slide properly into the "nut" on the assembly. But I still have a gap.

This isn't the issue. My corner light "hook" does slide properly into the "nut" on the assembly. But I still have a gap.
    Are you talking about the hook that gets screwed down from the top or the rails that connect the corner light to the headlight where the gap is?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

The corner light attaches in 4 places.

Peg that fits into the hole:

This little rail that fits into....

This rail on the headlight :

There are 2 of them. One on top and one on bottom.

And then the U shaped backer that gets screwed down from the top.

I just took mine out and put it back in in about 3 min to get these pictures so it’s an easy fix.

Good info in this thread especially with the pics. That's a little more detail to some of the other stuff that's been covered in the past. I've been sitting on a pair of used AL's but they're just not quite perfect enough for me so I've been thinking about buying a new set of MM's like this to run.

I haven't heard of them having any fitment issues with the corner lights. Maybe when you have time pull everything back out and try to refit it. My car came with headlight sprayers and I deleted them because they're kind of pointless and just make it more of a pain in the ass to work with the headlights.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    - 2005 Titanium Silver 330i ZHP 6spd -

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    The corner light attaches in 4 places.

Peg that fits into the hole:

This little rail that fits into....

This rail on the headlight :

There are 2 of them. One on top and one on bottom.

And then the U shaped backer that gets screwed down from the top.

I just took mine out and put it back in in about 3 min to get these pictures so it’s an easy fix.
    I don’t see the rails you are talking about. The corner light cleanly fits in the pinhole and the u-hook also fits in the assembly nut you access from the slot in the engine well fender.

It is just very odd why there is a gap.

It really makes no sense. Everything goes in smoothly. I am not forcing anything. When I compare how things fit on the drivers side vs passenger side, everything looks the same except for the gap.

At this point I will probably just get some shower door glass rubber stripping and use it to fill the gap and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  E0BD639F-AC95-4A95-8AD8-2D89C70FA95F.jpeg
Views: 906
Size:  933.6 KBThe answer is in your #5 picture, you missed the rails on the headlights where the corner lights slide in that’s why there is a gap. This is brand new headlight in my post, but you can see the rails...

And here is the reason you might want to modify your brand new AL headlight. Bottom one - new unmodified MM/AL, top - MM/AL with ZKW lens, and cutoff shutter reflector. Both of them have bulbs swapped to osram xenarc cbi 6000, although it’s hard to tell on the unmodified one due to not so clear lens as comparing to ZKW.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One other note from other ZKW/AL threads was that the ZKW lenses were better than the AL ones. I can't imagine that the ZKW lenses could improve on the light on the road from what I posted above. The light from the MM/AL light with the Osram bulb is fantastic. I will not bother to swap the ZKW lens into the AL housing.
    It will be better. The ZKW lenses are clear vs. frosted lens of AL. It'll result in a sharper cutoff and a slightly brighter hotspot.

You were supposed to use the bracket that you took off on the headlight with the headlight lol and take off the one that you dremeled.

These are the rails that we are talking about. I circled the areas to look for directly from your own pictures. There's one on the top and bottom of the corner lights where it touches the headlight lens.

Red = rails/guides on headlight lens
    Green = prong on corner housing

If you can't see it still, here's how you would put in those corners. You just align the fork end so that it will slide pass the nut, but don't push it all the way yet. Start pushing the corners of the corner housing towards the headlight lights, you'll feel it go into the rails that we are talking about then you can push it the rest of the way. I think you're trying to align it to the fender of the car, what you should be doing is aligning it with the headlight. If you see a gap to the fender, adjust the headlight position.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast