Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Left tweeter keeps dying

Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. A few months ago my left front tweeter started working intermittently. Sometimes it would work just fine and sometimes there would be no sound at all (not even static or anything). Eventually it stopped working altogether, so I replaced it with a junkyard tweeter. That seemed to work for a couple of weeks but now I'm back at square one with no sound coming from that tweeter.

I have a feeling it's not the actual tweeter but something else causing the tweeter to die. I've already checked the connectors in the door and they look fine. It's only the front left tweeter that keeps dying. Any ideas? What would I check next? I'm not that good with electronics in cars.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I don't think you can cause a speaker to die, but I think that if there is corrosion anywhere along that wire from the edge of the door all the way to the speaker, you might have the symptoms you describe. Replace or inspect the wires at least. Pinched next to a piece of metal or rusting would be bad.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I have this exact same issue but my tweeter has been dead for a while.