Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Alpine ZHP

nice car! congrats on the purchase and mods are looking good
    Slicktop AW 6spd Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by iya_e46 View Post
    nice car! congrats on the purchase and mods are looking good
    Thanks, nice another Alpine white in SoCal. I want that rear sunshade you have there !

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Thanks, nice another Alpine white in SoCal. I want that rear sunshade you have there !
    Thanks! got lucky on that sunshade years ago that was shipped from Romania. I sent you a PM
    Slicktop AW 6spd Naturbraun

Been away for a little while. Haven’t driven my ZHP much but I decided to address the shifter slop. I ordered the UUC shifter kit today, got $150 off due to the holiday ! I think I read on here I might need to replace a few other small parts in there. Any one with experience getting rid of their slop have any insight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been away for a little while. Haven’t driven my ZHP much but I decided to address the shifter slop. I ordered the UUC shifter kit today, got $150 off due to the holiday ! I think I read on here I might need to replace a few other small parts in there. Any one with experience getting rid of their slop have any insight ?

I just had a shop replace all the linkages, bushings and the ball cup with new genuine parts and that got rid of my slop. Basically this: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...r-rebuild-kit/
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I just had a shop replace all the linkages, bushings and the ball cup with new genuine parts and that got rid of my slop. Basically this: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...r-rebuild-kit/
    I can vouch for this, especially if your shifter bushings are original. Night and day difference and to be honest, had the most impact on how nice the car felt to drive
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I recommend the DSSR from UUC while you're at it.

Alpine ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I recommend the DSSR from UUC while you're at it.
    Thanks all, i bought some of the bushing needed from FCP. I bought the short shifter kit that includes the DSSR.

111,781 mi

Took in the ZHP to a Indy shop “BimmerSpeed” for a front suspension noise concern. Will be replacing the front camber plates per their recommendation.
    Also had them do fluids; oil, brake, trans and rear diff service. They did not have any other recommendations.
    I've been seeing everyone getting M3 side mirror and I think I need to get that done next after I put in my short shifter.

There was a sweet looking M2 race car out front. The guys there know their stuff. Will be having them service the supercharger in the future.

Alpine ZHP

I received my UUC short shifter and DSSR back on June 7th. UUC had sent me some incorrect and missing hardware. Once I received that, I decided to install it myself on jack stands. As I started taking my shifter apart I noticed the previous owner had already installed a B&M shifter .

I ran into several problems. The delrin shifter carrier bushings UUC sent me where too wide, I tried cutting them down etc but making them fit in that tight space was near impossible so then I ordered original BMW bushing.

While doing research I found ECS had a poly bushing for the opposite end so I ordered that as well.

Once I got those I continued with the install and realized UUC had sent me the wrong DSSR!!! It was curved in such a way that it would interfere with the shifter carrier and would not allow for it to go back together properly. Luckily the previous owner already had a DSSR installed. I’m not sure what brand it was but it fit right.

UUC on the bottom:

Putting things together:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast