Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Replace Dinan Suspension with OEM

I have owned 5 ZHPs (2 sedans and 3 convertibles) including the 2 convertibles I currently own. One is 100% stock, the other has several Dinan upgrades, including a Dinan suspension. I really prefer the more comfortable ride of the stock suspension over the Dinan, since it is my daily driver, and now want to revert back to a stock setup. The car has a steptronic transmission and 50k miles.

I don't have records of which Dinan parts were added by the previous owner so I am fishing in the dark a bit. Looking for advice/comments about:

1. Getting this OEM ZHP kit (w/o springs) for $1,803.18 - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...3500429577~kt/

Or

2. Getting this aftermarket kit (w/o springs) for $1,138.85 - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...500429577~kt1/

Will either or both get me back to that sweet-spot ZHP ride quality? If both will work, I will go with the less expensive kit.

Also, should I go ahead and get new ZHP OEM springs while I am at it? Not sure if the prior swapped to Dinan springs or not. $684.82 here - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...31336756965kt/

I also have started another post in the Performance subforum regarding reverting from Dinan back to stock exhaust.

Thanks for any advice!

I believe the Dinan kit consists of Dinan springs and Koni dampers. You'd really only need to source ZHP springs and Sachs Super Touring dampers to return back to stock ZHP ride. (assuming other items beyond the Dinan kit haven't been altered).
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

The dinan suspension kit includes Dinan lowering springs which are actually h&r sport springs and koni yellow shocks.

My suggestion is to keep the shocks and replace the springs with factory units. The koni yellow pair very well with them

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Vas,

My stock car rides as quiet and smooth as my old sedans. My Dinan car has noticeably more creaks, cracks and rattles (typically ready and waiting with convertibles) so by switching back to stock my goal is to eliminate most or all of those. Do you think I'll achieve that by swapping only the springs? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
    Vas,

My stock car rides as quiet and smooth as my old sedans. My Dinan car has noticeably more creaks, cracks and rattles (typically ready and waiting with convertibles) so by switching back to stock my goal is to eliminate most or all of those. Do you think I'll achieve that by swapping only the springs? Thanks!
    I believe it will. There will be less harshness transmitted to the cabin.

Do you mind taking a picture of your current suspension?

Photo of my front suspension here. Pretty sure these are stock shocks, I was able to get the part number off a rear shock and it is definitely a Sachs model - 8149015577122. So perhaps only my springs have been swapped? Or, those are stock too and there is some other reason for the harsher ride than my other ZHP vert?

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dinan springs are blue, those look like stock springs to me.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Dinan springs are blue, those look like stock springs to me.
    Yeah springs were blue and shocks were yellow for the stage 1 suspension kit.

That looks like factory springs and factory Sach dampeners.

Its possible that the car just needs a suspension refresh due to the age/miles of the factory components.

Thanks everyone. I'll pursue a stock refresh kit.