Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Battery suggestion Duralast H7-DLG or H7-AGM?

I have the Autozone Duralast H7-DLG regular battery. They lasted a good acceptable 3 years each time. in this desert city I live in. The AGM version cost about $40 more, for slightly more crank power. Is there a reason you've picked the AGM over the regular one?

Anyone know of good deals of battery currently at your local auto retailer?

AGM batteries differ in that they contain less acid and the internal plates are coiled rather than flat. They also do not require ventilation. They are helpful if your car remains switched on without the engine running for extended periods. I"m running a Duralast H8 AGM and it's been great so far.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

I’ve installed two of the AGM’s without issues.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

running an AGM since 2017 in mine
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

I run AGM as well in both of my cars.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Fuck AGM batteries, they are pissy pieces of shit.

I've had nothing but trouble with them. They get pissy when it's cold. If you hook them up to a traditional battery charger, they commit jihad. They demand special princess AGM battery treatment. Drain them once for any reason, and there's a real risk they're completely fried. If you're lucky you can kickstart them back to life by applying massive voltages/current, and if you're not, the battery is toast. More likely than not it won't sustain the appropriate voltage thereafter either, and will blow all the electronics in your car. They can't be serviced. The advantages they bring don't apply to the ZHP (this car doesn't brim with electronics), and I've personally never had a traditional battery leak on me ever. Even if they did, the ZHP has a convenient vent hose so you don't have to worry about it anyway. I personally suspect they lose charge over time just out of spite for the owner.

And what do you pay for all this privilege? About twice the price of a normal battery. I suspect a lot of that goes to funding warranty replacements.