Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Why are trucks so massive now???
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Hahahaha love it!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Sit. Rep.

Had to do some yard misery which required hauling about 2 tons of dirt (2 cubic yards), which I did in 1 ton increments.

Got a 5x9 u-haul and had them load it up. The trailer and car visibly heaved as the loader dumped the shit into the trailer, and I had a brief mild concern about the tongue weight (75kg, ~150 lb. limit), as the westfalia hitch design looks like it won't support a ridiculous tongue weight.

The trailer weighs about 1250 lbs. and the dirt another 2000 lbs. Towing 3k lbs you definitely felt the weight when accelerating and braking, but the annoying thing was the cooling system decided to peepee coolant out. I already have a small coolant leak somewhere, so I think it was exacerbated by having the engine so noticeably hot. I need to double check everything and in general give the ZHP some TLC. I'm a little bit suspicious of the cooling system right now tbh, I feel like some component isn't working as it should, whether the pump or the radiator fan, or something, but nothing about the engine or air conditioning or anythng else suggests there's something wrong.

On the flip side, it could be placebo of the 24 hours of driving around with the trailer, but the engine felt very very happy afterwards. Maybe getting it so nice and hot cleared out a lot of the gunky shit/carbon buildup, italian tune-up style.

Nice! I got the same trailer just today to pick up a new project bike. Judging by how quickly I can still accelerate, this is a lot less weight than I had when I was doing my cross-country trip. Still comfy cruising at 75

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

These cars make fantastic toy haulers. I drifted a jetski on a trailer accidentally.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678