Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Galaxy has fast wireless charging (not sure how fast).

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Galaxy has fast wireless charging (not sure how fast).

Both the charger and phone have to support it though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Interesting!

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I'm not the dullest either - can someone explain to me the fanfare of wireless charging? It's less energy efficient than a cord, there is heat with some chargers that can negatively affect the battery, and if you want to use your phone you have to keep it on the charging pad (compared with being able to use the phone when charging with a cord, but are limited by the cord's length).

The only downside I see of cords is them wearing out/breaking/getting lost.
    My first wireless charging phone was a Nokia Lumia 830. I got the Nokia desk charger and the Nokia car windscreen mount holder along with it. It all comes down to convenience and less loose cables dangling around. Whenever I got home, I could just drop the phone on the stand. That was it. Even more convenient was the car windscreen mount. I used the Nokia for navigation which drained battery quickly. Being able to just drop the phone in the mount (for which I had routed a cable out of sight) was so easy. And since there was no cable dangling from the phone, it was easy to take out/put it in and the interior just looked and felt cleaner. No more cables flying everywhere or trying to wrap themselves around the shifter like some kind of anorexic snake.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Both the charger and phone have to support it though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    And this charger doesn't say if fast or not. There is something to just laying ur phone in the car not having to hook anything up, having bluetooth autoconnect and charging 'just happen'

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Wireless charging is pretty fast these days if your phone supports it. But I would wanna know the specs for the charger before buying. If it's 5w, it's way too slow. 7.5w is like the fastest iPhone can do. And flagship androids can do like 15w. I think 10w is good enough. That's what I currently have in my Model 3 and it's fairly fast. Also need specs of the space to see what phones can fit. I can't tell how big the phone is in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Wireless charging is pretty fast these days if your phone supports it. But I would wanna know the specs for the charger before buying. If it's 5w, it's way too slow. 7.5w is like the fastest iPhone can do. And flagship androids can do like 15w. I think 10w is good enough. That's what I currently have in my Model 3 and it's fairly fast. Also need specs of the space to see what phones can fit. I can't tell how big the phone is in the picture.
    Good input.

thats really cool. Only downside is if you use your phone for navigation then it would most likely be on the dash. somewhere.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    thats really cool. Only downside is if you use your phone for navigation then it would most likely be on the dash. somewhere.
    I see it as being for when you’re not using nav, would be pretty useful to just slide your phone in driving around town.
    Was about to place my order before realizing what was mentioned above, no specs on power output. Hopefully that’ll be something disclosed soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Well ECS gives the dimensions for the tray. That's pretty large, looks like it should fit large phones easily. Just need power specs now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast