Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Newb checking in

Good morning, ya'll!

Former e34 owner here, currently driving a w204 MB and unloading it soon as the ZHP passes the state inspection. Daily driving a 16 year old BMW? What couldn't go wrong!

A week ago today I was flying out to Little Rock from Baltimore to check out a ZHP that a friend found on one of the FB groups. After what seemed like forever waiting for the seller's title to get released (seriously, speed of government indeed), the deal was struck.

A 30 minute shake down in the twisties around Little Rock AFB, a trip to the bank, and one notarized bill of sale later, this 2004 ZHP was mine and I was back into BMW ownership for the first time in over 10 years. It had 103K miles, typical e46 issues (headliner, rubber trim shot, etc etc), but pulled strong and handled incredibly well.

The next 1300 miles and 2.5 days would take me through Memphis, Nashville, Kentucky, and West Virginia. No incidents or issues, no tickets, and over 2 cases of good Kentucky bourbon came home with me, along with stops at Central BBQ and Graceland in Memphis, the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Bardstown, KY (Barton, Heaven Hill, and Willet Distilleries), Four Roses, Buffalo Trace, and Morgantown WV for a quick overnight.

Notably: A high speed run from Lexington KY to almost Ashland KY pacing off a KY State Trooper who didn't drop below 85mph was certainly a highlight, as was navigating I79 at night from Charleston WV to Morgantown WV. For what it is worth, there is nobody on that road at night and it is DARK! Thank God for Waze telling me where the turns were. After a couple days and 1000 miles, I got the chance to throw it into twisties I was familiar with around Deep Creek Lake, MD.

Anyway, some parts from FCPEuro are inbound, and the car will go back to stock 18's soon as I can secure a set.

Cheers!

Welcome.

Amy pictures to share ?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

For some reason attaching a file isn't working. I've tried changing sizes but nada.

Titanium Silver/Black Cube on 19" BBS wannabes

Welcome, sir. That was a fun trip. I always save the pics on my laptop and post with this button. Is that what you are trying to do ?

Name:  load-pic.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  32.4 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Sure was, but wasn't taking.

Trying again, but resized much much smaller.

Name:  IMG_0170.jpeg
Views: 325
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0184.jpeg
Views: 370
Size:  207.1 KB

Welcome, Turd. About time you you got here. Good to have you here, you maniac!

Ha, you had me at "2 cases of good KY bourbon".
    Carry on...
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Welcome, Turd. About time you you got here. Good to have you here, you maniac!
    I blame you entirely. Thanks for your help, you are aware what you've done, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    I blame you entirely. Thanks for your help, you are aware what you've done, right?
    I accept no blame. You're an adult and I would say that you purchased this car with the proper informed consent. You came to me for advice and counsel knowing full well what my own issues were. You don't go to the baker if you want to cut down on carbs and you sure as hell don't come to me if you want to prevent purchasing a wayward BMW.

BMW people are weird. Turd, you are further confirming that observation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast