Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Angry PSA - WARNING - LSEAT.COM

PSA - WARNING - LSEAT.COM

Hey guys, I noticed that these guys are a popular source for replacement seat skins for e46s, so I thought I'd share my recent experience.

After corresponding with LSeat mid-summer, they indicated that they did not have a pattern for an NB1 (99-00) Miata but would give me 50% off if I shipped them my covers. They promised a turnaround of 3-4 weeks.

I removed and shipped my original leather covers to them in mid-July, they arrived at their PO Box on July 29. After an exchange to finalize what I wanted on August 2, I waited patiently for an email to arrange for payment. When I didn't get one I followed up on August 21, and they responded saying "we are still working on it, we will let you know once we get it done".

That's the last I heard from them, they have not responded to emails sent on September 20, 22 and again today October 4.

I am now stuck with a Miata with no seat skins, and out about CA$50 in shipping costs. If there is a change in this and they come through I will update, but at this time I have no alternative but to believe that I've been defrauded.

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Damn Ayan sorry to hear this! I hope things will get sorted out for you!

Hopefully they're just slow to respond, not that that would be acceptable.

Found this similar experience on trustpilot.com:
    Maybe Lseat.com was good a few years ago, but do your homework. They scammed me out of my money. They had me to send in my original seat covers to use as a pattern in exchange for 50% off my order. After dickering around for 5 months and me asking for status numerous times, they finally said my seats were ready. He/they reassured me my seats were ready to ship. I placed an order after they gave me 50% store credit. Fifteen days, yes, fifteen days later, still has not shipped. When I asked, I got the good ol' "Your order will ship tomorrow". When I asked for a tracking number, they send me a UPS Ground tracking number. To this date, the shipment sits at "Shipment ready for UPS". Yeah, right. Yang Hu had no intentions of shipping. He had NOTHING to ship.
    Reminds me of the practices of a certain car modifier that was popular for his work on Vipers.

Just realized I never followed up on this thread here. Finally, after a number of false starts (ie the seller sending a tracking number and saying it's shipped when it was never picked up or dropped off) I received the new skins in April 2021. He never did return the originals like he had agreed.

The unfortunate think is that the product is actually pretty good - the colour (that he recommended with my old covers in his possession) is not correct, but the construction and fit are quite good. This was my very first time doing upholstery, and they came out near perfect with minimal wrinkles - and those that are there are on the unused passenger seat, and will likely go away with use as the ones in the driver's seat did.

I still would not recommend Lseat to anyone due to the frustration, aggravation, and lies.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather