Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie post

newbie post

Hi all! I just joined the forum last night. So I've always owned Toyota/Honda but I want to get my first BMW & I would love to get a ZHP. I have my eye on one & I'd like to get opinions on if it sounds like a good deal or too much $ for what it is.

This one is an '05, MT, supposedly very well maintained, black on black, 138k miles on it. The seller wants at least $10,000 for it. I just looked at one that is the same car but with 168k miles on it but that one was only $4500. I was a little wary of the mileage and this being my first bimmer so I passed on that one. Does $10k sound like a lot for such a car (assuming it's in as good condition as the seller says)?

Thanks for the help and I'm glad to be a new member!

Jason

Welcome, Jason. If the car with 138k miles really needs nothing then I would consider it. You may get a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) at a BMW shop to avoid surprises later on.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

For such a big price difference I wouldn't completely discount the 168k mile car. If the seller has service records of all common wear items done fairly recently (such as the cooling system, all the rubber bushings, gaskets) then it could be a good buy. Just be sure to inspect the car thoroughly, including the RACP ("subframe") for cracks as it can happen to higher mileage cars.

I bought mine at ~188k miles, and it did have a bunch of slow oil leaks but the bushings and most of the cooling system was fairly new. Unfortunately, I did have a crack on the RACP

Edit: Sorry, and oh yeah... welcome!!!
    Last edited by t.er; 10-07-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Welcome Jason. Like the peeps above mentioned, you really need to have the car checked out by a BMW shop or the like. They know where to look for leaks, for cracks, and for pending repairs that could cost you. Look for rust, weird smell, smoke etc.. You can't easily see underneath our cars because they are low, someone with a lift could really help you out big time, and it's worth it.

These cars can go a lot more than 200 k miles if you take care of them. This is one of the main reasons that attracted me to this brand. Do you have good shops for this kind a work around you?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

^ good one!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Welcome! I have not kept ul with prices that closely, they seem to be in a wide range., hope you find a good one.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Hello Jason,

I may have bought that $4,500 one with 168k that you looked at. Was it in Kentucky/suburban Cincinnati?
    '05 ZHP 6MT Sedan, '05 M3 6MT Coupe, '03 325i ZSP 5MT Touring and a few other BMWs

Quote Originally Posted by malapane View Post
    Hello Jason,

I may have bought that $4,500 one with 168k that you looked at. Was it in Kentucky/suburban Cincinnati?
    listed on CL? sounds very familiar

Yes, I think listed on CL only. Listed on about 9/30 or 10/1.
    '05 ZHP 6MT Sedan, '05 M3 6MT Coupe, '03 325i ZSP 5MT Touring and a few other BMWs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast