Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

OFHG replacement and other 100Kish stuff

Hey all--

Lotta stuff accomplished yesterday and today. 104XXX miles and figured I'd knock out a 100K service since I don't have any records.

When I bought the ZHP 3 weeks ago, I knew it had a leak and it was likely from the OHFG given the oil on the block according to the shop that did the PPI. I'm hoping I don't have other gaskets leaking right now.

Yesterday I swapped out the dry rotted windshield gasket. Those wiper arms are a PITA.

Today I tackled the OFHG to see if that corrects the leak. Averaging under .5 qt every 2-3 weeks right now. Gasket was hard as a rock. Doused the engine with a little gunk off engine degreaser and cleaned it up nicely. I know the engine doesn't care if its clean or not, but I want to be able to see if this repair doesn't take.

Did a full engine flush with Lubrimoly's stuff before I drained it, too, and filled with 5w30 Pentosin with a can of Lubrimoly Ceracoat in there. Runs quieter than before, and it was a noticeable difference from before idling with the Lubri flush in there. Sort of like running a can of Seafoam through the crank case in my old Tacoma.

Before I treated the oil with the flush, I pulled a sample and sent it to Blackstone for analysis. Last oil was done around 2500 miles ago. In 2500 miles I'll pull a sample of the Pentosin with the Ceracoat and send it off for comparison.

Did the coils and plugs. At 103k miles I suspect the both are OEM. Plugs had no fouling, and had no issues with the coils but wanted to knock that out at the same time while I was in there.

I have a slight PS reservoir leak, so I'll be replacing that and the two hoses next chance I get and doing a full PS system flush, too, replacing with Lubrmoly ATF. That's likely next week when I can get to a friend's with a lift.

I did the oil filter, air, and cabin. A previous owner replaced the OEM plastic filter cap with the ECS aluminum one. Score!

Replaced the accessory belt since the current had some signs of wear I discovered when I got in there today. I'll be ordering the main from FCP this week and swapping that when I do the PS reservoir swamp next week. No issues on it but might as well when I do the PS.

I have a fuel filter and the liquid maintenance kit I got from FCP had a can of the Lubrimoly gas additive in there. I'm thinking about running a can of that through and then pulling the filter after I run through the full tank. Any thoughts?

So, lot of ground covered. Is there anything ya'll think I should knock out as well as a part of this maintenance run? I'm dallying this so I want it to be solid and sound.

Are there any other areas I should be focusing on? I read here the PCV and oil pan gaskets are known to have issues.

Thanks!

Cooling system & crankcase ventilation system, if you have original parts on there. You can find date codes on the hoses. This guy has some good E46 DIY videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btgg...channel=50sKid
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

50's Kid's videos are invaluable. I wouldn't have tackler the OFHG without them.

Far as cooling, I'll have to check. PPI didn't reveal any issues but the cooling system is on my radar.

Since I'm doing the main accessory belt next week or so, do you think I should swap to the lightweight pulleys? I'm not racing... yet.

Good stuff, Turd! Glad that ZHP is in a good and responsible home.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Good stuff, Turd! Glad that ZHP is in a good and responsible home.
    Responsible? I appreciate the sentiment, Lazlo.

Surely, I maintain it because I care. And also because I drive it like my pants were on fire and my ass was catching.

Nice werk.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Responsible? I appreciate the sentiment, Lazlo.
    I am trying to detune my sarcasm. I guess my efforts aren't working as well as I had hoped.

Surely, I maintain it because I care. And also because I drive it like my pants were on fire and my ass was catching.
    You're doing it correctly.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    I am trying to detune my sarcasm. I guess my efforts aren't working as well as I had hoped.
    You were? I had no idea....

You're doing it correctly.
    Danke.