Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by malapane View Post
    For the retrofit, possibly the Mirimoto units aren't so great...? I have seen a few posts suggesting this. and I don't love having to drill the original headlight frame to fit them...

I have no hesitation with the job to fit either, just prefer a zero destruction method.
    I think most people have been satisfied with the Morimoto units from what I have seen. They have changed the projectors over the years. Here's a fairly detailed documentation of the install process one member posted:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...o-Mini-D2S-4-0

Quote Originally Posted by malapane View Post
    Are the AL units completely plug and play? Same mounting and wiring?

I am going to check the one local car in the junkyard. I assume it has halogens, but worth a look.
    There is some trimming required. I believe the brackets are slightly different, but it's not too involved from what I remember.

Welcome to the Mafia! Looks like you are in good hands.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

A few new pieces of info. I did confirm my lights are ZKW. They have AL covers, but the housing had the silver ZKW sticker on the top and the Xenon projector lenses do not have a line across them.

Also, the only local junkyard car that still has headlights is a pre lci with halogens.

I found a regional junkyard with a fair price on a set of lci xenons, but so far they refuse to check the brand or part number for me...
    '05 ZHP 6MT Sedan, '05 M3 6MT Coupe, '03 325i ZSP 5MT Touring and a few other BMWs

I just found a pair of used complete AL xenons, with mounting brackets for $190 shipped to me. After researching the clemsone46, retrofitlab and theretrofitsource solutions, I didn't think any of those were very precise ways to restore the headlights to factory working order, so short of spending more money than I can justify on this car for new units, I think this option addresses my issues and concerns the best.

I think I have working bulbs, and should have good enough lens covers, so this should be all I need to get these in proper safe working order.
    '05 ZHP 6MT Sedan, '05 M3 6MT Coupe, '03 325i ZSP 5MT Touring and a few other BMWs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123