Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

PASoft coding... GM5 and more

Hi all-

Dug an ancient HP laptop with Windows 7 out of the basement and got my PASoft up and running. Have some specific questions and have spent hours digging through lots of threads here and elsewhere and want to know if I'm on the right path. Lots of these old threads are full of broken links.

For starters: 2004 ZHP Coupe. I've attached the log file from the first scan last night. I have Ebay headers with no cats, so the SES on the O2's is a known issue. I'm not worried about that quite yet, the O2 spacers and a Kassel tune are happening soon.

I don't have a bench setup, everything is being done on the computer in the car.

1. I understand with devices like BlueBus, triple blink can be activated without a PASoft on any e46. However from what I've read I need a later model or Euro LCM to accomplish this function with PASoft. If this can be done without having to change out the LCM, how do I do so?

2. Activate audible alert for the door lock. As far as I can know, I have the factory alarm. But looking online there's a "$5 mod" I keep seeing but cannot locate the threads describing it.

3. Have a remote door lock issue on the driver's side. Remote will unlock the passenger side and open the trunk, and lock all doors including the driver's but the driver side requires me putting the key in the door. I purchased a used GM5 but it isn't for a coupe. I'd need to diagnose the issue onboard and recode the "new" GM5 to operate properly in my car. At worst case the actuator needs to be replaced but I'd like to eliminate other option first before I tear down the door.

4. Since my last battery disconnect to replace the OFHG, my clock no longer works and I cannot get it to program. Can I program a time inside PASoft? Honestly this just annoys the hell out of me and isn't the end of the world.

5. Car has factory Bluetooth. But that ring is horrible. I read somewhere and cannot locate that it can be reprogrammed to something other than sounding like a flash flood warning. What's weird is it threw faults on PASoft.

6. How do I interpret the ABS faults? I had the amber brake light pop on the other day after a semi cut me off on the highway and I slammed on the brakes, but after a few cycles on and off it went away... was thinking maybe its FOD, a short or just getting close to swap time. Regardless, I will be doing pads, sensors, and a flush tomorrow. Is there something else I should be looking at? Anything specific I should know before I do the mechanical work?

7. If I'm reading this correctly, my MAF needs a cleaning. Possibly some FOD got it last week when I had the air box out and did the OFHG. Not getting any shudders or weird acceleration issues. Is there something I should know specific to these cars when I clean the MAF or any tips?

8. The car was not equipped with the cold weather package, so not sure if the sideview mirror heater fault is legit or not.

Anything else I should be focusing on in this log?

Thanks!

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.58.26 AM.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  100.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.58.40 AM.png
Views: 862
Size:  132.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.58.47 AM.png
Views: 902
Size:  86.6 KB

"8. The car was not equipped with the cold weather package, so not sure if the sideview mirror heater fault is legit or not."

Don't know about the other stuff, but the car doesn't need the cold weather package to have the heated mirrors. I think all ZHPs have them. They are believed to be the cause of the rust on the mirror glass edges and can be turned off, but I haven't disabled the function since I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    "8. The car was not equipped with the cold weather package, so not sure if the sideview mirror heater fault is legit or not."

Don't know about the other stuff, but the car doesn't need the cold weather package to have the heated mirrors. I think all ZHPs have them. They are believed to be the cause of the rust on the mirror glass edges and can be turned off, but I haven't disabled the function since I like it.
    Fair enough. There's no rust on this car-- side mirrors or anywhere else. Beauty of finding a sunbelt car. Downside, there's lots of dry rotted rubber bits like the windshield cowl, the trim around the antenna, and the rear windows. So far I have the replaced the cowl and have the antenna trim. Gotta do the window surrounds soon.

And my passenger side mirror trim is faded out but the driver's side isn't. My guess is it was parked with that side facing the sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images