Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you guys use?

I’ve been a die hard griots guy since I got my e92 back in 2009. But lately I’ve been looking around and liking some of the products from adam’s. I just ordered their graphine kit on prime day. Really looking forward to seeing it in action under a UV light.
    Not to mention adam’s tends to run better sales and promos, and I feel their prices are typically less than griots in general.

So who do you guys use for you detailing stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessed garage

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I use a good bit of Adam’s stuff and dabble in a few products from obsessed garage. I haven’t transitioned towards ceramic coatings yet but I use the sealant + Collinite combo when I detail once a year or so and maintain with bead maker. I keep Adam’s wheel cleaner for really nasty stuff but p&s brake buster works well for wheels and tires without being so harsh.

I think when I finally get a replacement front and rear bumper with paint touch ups, I’m gonna go the obsessed garage ceramic coating recommendation

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    I’ve been a die hard griots guy since I got my e92 back in 2009. But lately I’ve been looking around and liking some of the products from adam’s. I just ordered their graphine kit on prime day. Really looking forward to seeing it in action under a UV light.
    Not to mention adam’s tends to run better sales and promos, and I feel their prices are typically less than griots in general.

So who do you guys use for you detailing stuff?

Also not sure if you’re into polishing with DA orbital machines, but it really is almost required as it takes your paint to a whole new level of clarity and shine. You’ll be astonished when done correctly

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Also not sure if you’re into polishing with DA orbital machines, but it really is almost required as it takes your paint to a whole new level of clarity and shine. You’ll be astonished when done correctly
    Yes I use a griots orbital and have a few of their different size attachments so I can go from 3 to 5 to 6.5 inches, useful for small or narrow spaces. And then I pair the orbital with their BOSS line of polishes. It’s 4 different types to be used together depending on the severity of each surface.

I want to get a few panels respirated next year so I want to get out as much as I can to see what it really necessary.

Thought I'd post here instead of making a new thread. I'm going to do a full decon + paint correct + protection in September, and am starting to research what products to use. I was thinking of going with the tried-and-true Jescar Power Lock Plus + Collinite 845, then P&S Bead Maker as a drying aid. But given these products are quite old and I guess "traditional" in some sense, with the advent of all these new SiO2/graphene/ceramic spray waxes, I can't help but think there are better, more durable products out there.

One example is some of Turtle Wax's latest products. There's always been a stigma that their products were always sub-par, but some of their latest stuff is seriously impressive. I wonder if anyone here has had experience using it?

For example their Show and Shine is on-par with both Adam's and 303 Graphene spray coatings:

... and Chicago Auto Pros has tested the Adam's Graphene spray and it still beaded after 6 months:

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I don't have any detail products at home. But I took my car 3 years ago to a detail shop and they applied Optimum Gloss Coat. The car looked very sharp afterwards but I didn't like this : water spots started to show after the treatment. I'm not planning to use ceramic again, next time it will be a sealant.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I don't have any detail products at home. But I took my car 3 years ago to a detail shop and they applied Optimum Gloss Coat. The car looked very sharp afterwards but I didn't like this : water spots started to show after the treatment. I'm not planning to use ceramic again, next time it will be a sealant.
    Yeah, I thought about going all-out and doing Gtechniq CSL + ExoV4, but decided to stick with something that can easily be stripped, clear compounded/polished, and re-applied again. In case of cone hits at autox or just general damage to the ceramic coat at the track.

I'm still thinking of sticking with what Matt at OG suggested, but I don't know... all these new products are cheaper and seem more durable. Biggest thing for me is ensuring bugs are easy to clean off, for my road trip end of Sept.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I'm using the Megs HCW. It lasts quite awhile, like 6 months. I tried like a bunch of spray sealants. Some of them don't last that long. Bead maker lasts like a week tops lol Turtle wax does last a pretty long time, but I find that it attracts dust. Megs isn't as slick, but seems to keep the car cleaner. Only thing that sucks is that these are harder to apply on glass compared to Bead maker. I don't follow the normal application that it says on the bottle though. The first application I do it to a dry car. Thereafter, I use it as a drying aid maybe like every other wash. Although, when I was testing, I did not top them up during the wash at all to see how long they would last. I get significantly less durability than all those videos you see where they just leave a hood out and wash it each time.

I'm planning to use Megs ceramic paint protection kit when I get my car back. Then use bead booster to top up every now and then and see how that goes. The Megs HCW spray impresses me in terms of durability, ease of use, and cost. Honestly don't see why you would really need to go with full on ceramic coat tbh. I'm only doing the Megs coating because it's the easiest to apply. Supposed to last 1 year. Probably longer if I use the Bead booster (which itself could also be used as a spray sealant).

Decided to stick with tried-and-true OG recommended products (PowerLock +, Collinite 845, Beadmaker). Autogeek currently has a 25% off sale that's ending in a few hours! Purchased the below items aside from a couple of Adam's hex grip applicators (not stocked) and CarPro Eraser (out of stock).

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Bead maker lasts like a week tops lol
    lol yeah sounds about right with what I've heard. Slickness is unreal but poor durability. I plan on using it as a drying aid with every wash to mitigate this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast