Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Decided to stick with tried-and-true OG recommended products (PowerLock +, Collinite 845, Beadmaker). Autogeek currently has a 25% off sale that's ending in a few hours! Purchased the below items aside from a couple of Adam's hex grip applicators (not stocked) and CarPro Eraser (out of stock).

[IMG]https://scontent.fykz1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/216779920_961651134657517_2714652629850647223_n.pn g?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=DRCKeUbtUIgAX__aqmm&_nc_h t=scontent.fykz1-2.fna&oh=3f63303c18bd6aacac418a3a982ecbc6&oe=60F7C F35[/IMG

lol yeah sounds about right with what I've heard. Slickness is unreal but poor durability. I plan on using it as a drying aid with every wash to mitigate this.
    Yeah because it's like just spraying oil on your car. Honestly, it doesn't even last a day sometimes. Especially when I wash and then all of a sudden it gets cold at night and there's morning dew. It's pretty much gone by that point. Or when it rains, gone lol It's more durable on glass though.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yeah because it's like just spraying oil on your car. Honestly, it doesn't even last a day sometimes. Especially when I wash and then all of a sudden it gets cold at night and there's morning dew. It's pretty much gone by that point. Or when it rains, gone lol It's more durable on glass though.
    Oooooof. Yeah I saw another video from an Australian YouTuber and it really isn't durable. Starting to regret buying it, but you never know until you try. Plus, it was a really good deal - two 16 oz spray bottles and ten edgeless MF towels, all for $28. About $10 off that package deal before the 25% off... with the discount the towels alone are likely already that much lol

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Been using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax mainly these days.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Been using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax mainly these days.
    Lol I think I'll probably end up having to do the same. Looking around for places to rent with a single car garage in a group of low-rise condos, most don't have a hookup for a hose. Just need to decide on ONR or McKee's N914

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

If I have time I will hand wash my car and use lemon scented dish washing soap to wash the car down with then do a full rinse of the car to ensure no soap residue is left. Then usually before cooler weather begins to set in I will clay bar the ZHP and Audi since both of them are usually kept outside the garage and prep both for winter driving...

Usually I will use Griot's synthetic clay bar to prep the surface then switch over to compounding the surface using 3M Perfect It compound. Once that is done I will detail spray the area I compounded to wipe off any compound residue and then switch over to a polymer sealer (I use Rejex for this) to seal the paint surface and allow to cure... Once that is done I will then apply Griot's Garage ceramic based wax and then once that is dry I usually finish off applying by hand Pinnacle Sovereign paste wax and I'm done. Car has a fantastic finish that will last the entire winter. It is a lot of work but once done the results are worth it to me...

Griots Garage website

Amazon website

Ace Hardware or Walmart

Griots Garage website

pinnaclewax.com website

This is the result of using these products on my ZHP.... notice the reflections on the paint surface...

The engine bay also gets a cleaning and I start that process using Adams All Purpose cleaner and/or Simple Green. The Adams cleaner is an awesome product that I highly recommend for those who haven't tried it yet. It does an amazing job cleaning out the grease and other crap that accumulates in the engine compartment.

Chemical Guys website

Not saying my way is the best way but everyone have their own way of detailing their rides... just showing everyone how I detail mine...

Good info!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Those are some great results!
    Thanks Will! It works for me... that's for sure

Just spent the past week or so slowly detailing my car, to ensure it's protected for my upcoming road trip. Process is as follows:

Exterior
    - Strip wash with Meguiar's car soap and dish soap mixed together
    - Spray CarPro IronX to remove metallic contaminants
    - Clay with Autoglym clay bar to mechanically remove all other contaminants
    - Wipe down with CarPro Eraser to get rid of any residue that may remain on the paint
    - Hand-compound RIDS with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
    - Polish all painted surfaces with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish + Lake County CCS Pad (orange, light polishing) and a Harbour Freight DA polisher
    - Wipe down with CarPro Eraser to get rid of any remaining polishing residue
    - Apply 2 coats of Jescar PowerLock + with an Adam's Hex Grip applicator
    - Apply 1 coat of Collinite 845 with another Adam's Hex Grip applicator

Glass
    - Wipe down with Invisible glass
    - Apply 1 coat of Soft99 Glaco glass sealant

Interior
    - Vacuum carpets (not dirty enough to warrant shampoo)
    - Vacuum floor mats, shampoo, rinse, and wipe dry
    - Use Autoglym Leather Cleaner, followed by Autoglym Leather Conditioner on all leather surfaces
    - Use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer for all other interior surfaces like dash, centre console, etc.

Wheels and Tires (off the car)
    - Strip wash with Meguiar's car soap and dish soap mixed together (wheels weren't dirty enough to warranty anything else)
    - Apply 1 coat of Poorboy's Wheel Wax to all exposed surfaces of the wheel
    - Apply Autoglym Instant Tire Dressing, wipe off with a damp towel to a matte sheen

Some pics:

First time using IronX, it was quite interesting to see the "bleeding":

Man, my car hasn't look this good in ages:

Swapped back from my bucket to stock driver's seat, so much easier to clean with the extra room:

The slickness and depth of the paint is pretty unmatched, I'm quite impressed. It's my first time using the PowerLock + and Collinite 845 combo, but I see why everyone talks about it. Time will tell how durable these products are!
    Last edited by t.er; 09-25-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Looks very sharp.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast