Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB: Facelift Hood

Recently got into a crash, managed to find everything else, still need a hood for a facelift coupe in black (paint code: 668/9). Trying to find something used before buying new as it's pretty expensive and I don't trust any shops to color match and blend it very well. I am located in the Denver area but am willing to pay for shipping if need be.

I recently had the front bumper cover, hood, roof, and trunk painted on my jet black ZHP. I cannot see any difference between the old and new paint, although the guy who did it does have a reputation for impeccable quality--a real Michelangelo type. Anyway, he said something I hadn't heard--that black is the easiest to color-match...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

That’s good to know, if I can’t find anything within the next couple days I’m just gonna buy the hood brand new and do some research on body shops around here and find the best one. What do you you think is a fair rate for painting a bumper and hood?

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    I’m no expert, but I spent $3,200 to paint my front bumper cover, hood, roof, and trunk (minus the spoiler). I took off the bumper cover and all the trim pieces for the paint shop, so I’d guess half or $1,600. The bumper cover would be the easiest, but my guy went to the trouble of removing the hood from the car.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats