Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

New to E46 Chassis and ZHP, but Proud Owner with a few questions

Has anyone run the Dinan stage 3 tune along with their throttle body and CAI? is it worth it? I have a UUC Corsa Catback and thats my only mod.

I'm not looking for super impressive gains (NA, I know). But some gains and suspension upgrades and tricks people have learned along the way would go miles for me. I didnt know where to post this @admin if i need to move the post just message me and i will do so.

Trying to make it more of a canyon crusher so suspension help would also be apprectiated.

Thanks in advance to all the help.

If you are looking for power the only thing that makes sense are catless headers. Either way I wouldn't waste time on chasing HP, that money is better spent on tires and suspension. What kind of budget and comfort level are you looking for? I'm running Pro-Kit springs, Eibach sway bars and MTech dampers and I'm very happy with the performance.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Agreed. If you want big power, you might as well go forced induction, or S54 - both of which are expensive but the easiest way to make meaningful gains.

If it's just a canyon carver then you'll be much better off pouring money into tires and suspension, in that order.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Rocket View Post
    Has anyone run the Dinan stage 3 tune along with their throttle body and CAI? is it worth it? I have a UUC Corsa Catback and thats my only mod.

I'm not looking for super impressive gains (NA, I know). But some gains and suspension upgrades and tricks people have learned along the way would go miles for me. I didnt know where to post this @admin if i need to move the post just message me and i will do so.

Trying to make it more of a canyon crusher so suspension help would also be apprectiated.

Thanks in advance to all the help.
    My opinion is spend your money refreshing the stock suspension with the Sachs factory stuff, new BMW control arms, all the bushings add the front and rear reinforcing plates. Refresh your rubber brake lines and the steering guibo which can get a little soft with age along with the tie rods and some great summer tires. That is what I recommend. I have run the BMW performance intake and have tried some software but the car is already close to making max power without internal changes. So no I don't think you will gain that much more. My bigger question is you said Proud owner. It doesn't sound like you really are proud of the ZHP. It has a special exhaust and cams already and a lot of cool things that make it special. The way the car was built was what made it special but you want to change it all up. If you start catbacking it, throttle bodying, coilovering it, it is no longer a ZHP just a modified E46. A ZHP was BMWs attempt to make the best handling and balanced E46 sedan. If you really want to build a canyon carver than start with the foundation which is suspension, brakes worn out drivetrain parts. I don't know your car but if it's a fairly original survivor, maybe you should sell it to someone that appreciates what the ZHP is and get an M3 which will give you a better platform. finally on going to stiff or dropping the suspension, the strut towers are not the strongest on these and even with the reinforcing plates, I worry about making too stiff. Best of luck.

Welcome! Sorry for the late reply. Beyond what was already stated, a few mods like tune, LSD, exhaust, intake will help, but it will never be 'fast' unless you boost it. (Headers help bit that def changes more characteristics).

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

With this car unless you can get your hands on a good supercharger, I'd say get a Gruppe M CAI, UUC Corsa full exhaust, an LSD, a good set of coilovers, upgrade your brakes/rotors/wheels. The DINAN tune/throttle body won't get you much for the amount of money you will have to pay just to have their name. I find that this is a great car for daily driving which is why I ended up getting another ZHP to put in my garage among the other rides I already have... it is just that good...

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Good to meet you at the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture